News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Thank you KY RenFest! The trip from GA was so worth it!

Started by jerrysugarav, June 15, 2009, 09:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerrysugarav

This is Amber from GA and I just wanted to say thank you to all of the wonderful people I met this weekend! Stephanie and I had a truly wonderful time! We didn't make it home until 3 this morning but it was so worth it! This is the first year we've traveled to faires and so far we haven't received a warmer welcome anywhere else. We're actually canceling our costuming plans for and event in July so we can try and get some new costumes together for the 1300's theme and maybe come back closing weekend. We're so busy in July already but we are going to try our hardest to make it back for closing weekend. We only originally planned to come for Saturday and I'm sure a lot of you know we ended up staying until the end of faire Sunday. I just can't say enough about how friendly and warm everybody I met was and how welcome and at home I felt.

If I met you this past weekend and even if I didn't please give me an add on Facebook or LiveJournal so I can keep in touch with you. I'm not very good at finding people on Facebook so I've only found a few people so far!

http://www.facebook.com/jerrysugarav
http://jerrysugarav.livejournal.com/profile
On AIM: JerrySugarAV
*Image links and URLs not allowed in Signature* - Admin

Sersha Fraser

Hi Amber!  Thank you so much for the kind words about our faire.  It means so much to us all when veteran rennies compliment us.  You and Stephanie were a blast.  I can't wait to see you girls back in KY!

BazookaBaby

Hi! I just wanted to chime in and add my thank you as well to all the awesome people at the Kentucky Highland Renaissance Festival. We weren't really sure to what to expect - only that our friend David (Avidd) had told us at Tennessee that it was a great faire and we should come. We have honestly never had so much fun in our lives and can't wait to go back. We met so many nice people, made so many new friends and we have decided we most certainly are coming back on the last weekend and two of our other friends, Mary and Alex, are coming with us as well. We're also now making (pretty solid) plans to go up to the Ohio renfaire since we had so many moments of "Hey are you two going to Ohio?" "No?" "Well you should!" So we are.

We are making new dresses to fit in with the "theme" a little better (I may or may not have been looking for an excuse to make coathardies and surcoats anyway) and are super excited to see everyone again.

Sersha - You and the other cast have done a really great job making your faire a welcoming and fun place to visit. We thank you for making it such a memorable time for us. We'll see you again next month, but it certainly can't come soon enough!

Stephanie C.

Old Tinker

as Sersha has said, we thank thee both for the comments. me Belle and me really love our home faire. tis very comfortable and entertaining to us and all that visit. mayhaps we can greet each other your next trip up in July. so glad thee enjoy'd thyselves, we do every time we visit.
thank thee once again for thy kind words,
hope to see thee in about one moon,
M O O N , that spells moon,  ;D
i be the Old Tinker and his Belle...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

jerrysugarav

*Image links and URLs not allowed in Signature* - Admin

Sersha Fraser

Woo hoo for coming back!  And thanks again for the kind words, Stephanie.  I can't wait to play human chess with you and your friends again!