News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Final weekend 09/Pics from Spanky?

Started by Captain Dungcaster, June 15, 2009, 03:18:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Dungcaster

How was final weekend? Good attendance? Any pics from Spanky?
"Fantasy Football, Dungeons & Dragons for Jocks"
I.B.R.S.C #1068.

Spanky

Spank'n M'Crack

Steev

Born too late.  But not too late for faires.

Feline Groovy

Lovely!  I enjoyed seeing your family all over the site on Sunday.  Now to start counting down to next season!!

(Signed, the weird monkey/donkey lady.   :)  )
Where was I going and how do I get there?

Steev

Oh, weird monkey/donkey lady, if only I was better at repartee, I'd have had a better answer for you instead of staring and saying- "what a nice dragon bone you have!".  I'll learn!  S

will paisley

Quote from: Steev on June 15, 2009, 09:53:11 PM
Oh, weird monkey/donkey lady, if only I was better at repartee, I'd have had a better answer for you instead of staring and saying- "what a nice dragon bone you have!".  I'll learn!  S

Are you sure you've got the right weird monkey/donkey lady?  Feline's the one whose laugh *doesn't* sound like a parrot getting a prostate exam by Captain Hook (Not That There's Anything Wrong With Sounding Like That®)
Minstrel, Interrupted, Bard #400 (CD)
Faire Name: "Flo's Husband"
Yeoman-Purser of the Frigate Up Royally

Feline Groovy

'Tis well, Will!  I'll take being confused with Mad Maggie as a compliment.   Although I will pass on that prostate exam!!!!

Steev, no worries, I'm more of a 'drive-by' person than an outright performer.  But I did enjoy the baffled look on your daughter's face as I explained that she was the one who had told me that you wanted a monkey and if you didn't like it, it wasn't MY fault.  (Hey, why should I be the only one swimming in confusion, right?  :D   )

Steev

Ah.  Far be it from me to assume that there'd be a limited number of colorful folks at a renaissance festival...  Let's see, there was the dragon-bone-on-a-leash lady, the spontaneous-bursts-of-song-to-strangers lady, the monkey/donkey lady...  which have I missed and which overlap?   ???  BTW, my wife loved whomever it was doing the singing...  Just saw your post- was my daughter the only one looking baffled?  We've just begun to master costuming, are working on BFA (basic faire accent), and have LOADS of work to go as far as interacting intelligently (?) with more seasoned rennies!

Steev

Oh, and did anyone get pictures of the women's costume contest?  My wife was onstage w. the camera so I was unable to capture the contestants in all their glory (and the relatives want proof that Annie did in fact get on a stage at a ren fest!)

RSLeask

Actually, the spontaneous-burst-into-song-to-strangers-lady and Richard's owner (that be the drag'n...) are one and the same, lad.

Monkey/donkey-lady (at least as a reference) be a new one to me, though, so I can't be helping you there.
What's a Grecian Urn?  Are we talking union, or non-union?

Dirtfarmer

Yes, that is Mad Maggie with the songs and the bone.... I'll tell her new nick name "spontaneous burst into song" lady tonight.  She'll get a kick out of it.

Feline Groovy

Quote from: RSLeask on June 16, 2009, 10:13:46 AM
Monkey/donkey-lady (at least as a reference) be a new one to me, though, so I can't be helping you there.

No prob.  Your family and I crossed paths, when I greeted the group, you and I made eye contact so I froze and demanded, 'What?' like I was in trouble for something.  The rest of it was along the lines of, 'It wasn't my fault, she [pointed at the girls] told me to do it, she said you liked monkeys' and so on, ending with something about maybe I misunderstood and it was a donkey you wanted instead of a monkey and I'd exchange them if needed.  Just a few seconds of (hopefully) silly, nothing major.  :)

Steev

Oh damn you clever off-the-cuff rennies!  While I'm still trying to figure out my thees and thys, you've run off with my breeches!

troubadude

Thank goodness for tights - You were wearing tights, I hope!   :o
if music be the food of love, play on!