News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Second Week, first day wrapup

Started by Jonas_MacPherson, June 20, 2009, 09:40:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas_MacPherson

Wow, end of the first day of week two already. Time is just flying past, isn't it?  Anyways, first an interesting tibit.

Seems the powers that be are offering a printable bogo offer on the colorado ren website.

That being said, this day was pretty nice. New outfit is about 60% complete...needing a cape that'll allow for fur stitching, but that can wait. It was a pleasure meeting Lady De Laney in person. Also I believe I met several other rennies in person, forgive me if I don't connect faces to screen names right away.

Gotta admit, interacting with cast is always a blast, and today was no exception, especially having some fun with the king and queen. :)

Overall, a wonderful day. Can't wait till I see you all tomorrow....so, anything else interesting or exciting happen? Don't be shy.

Zoë

Crowds were pretty thin today and not too interested in soda with the weather so I had a slow day with not a lot of tips and not many chances to play.

I'm soothing all that with a few glasses of merlot and the hope that tomorrow will be better.  :)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Mischief Snicklebritches

Had yet another AWESOME day of faerie play *squee!*  Morning was a little slow, but it totally picked up after parade. We found a tree right across from the entrance of the priate ship store that is on a little bit of a dirt mound and is right next to another tree that we could hide behind. This instantly became a fantastic bit. I was standing behind the rather thin trunk of the tree and to my left was the other tree and its branches that I could see though but couldn't be seen through. So as people would come from my left I would kind of peek my head to one side and try and catch their eye. I was basically playing peekaboo with whoever saw me. lol. To my right was Spinaka standing still and hiding behind our wands. rofl! We had more pictures taken of us just doing that for a little while then when we were walking around. Naturally all of the kids saw us, and we even had a little girl stalk up to us like she was sneaking up on us. lol she was adorable.

OH! and there was this other little girl that we kept seeing throughout the day and talking with, and around 4ish she came up to Spinaka ( I was buying soda from Zoe's booth) and was all "Where's the other one?!" so he pointed to me and she came up to me and was all serious and said "I need your help with something." of course Im thinking she's lost or something so I drop character and was all "whats wrong sweetie" looking around for her dad that we had also seen. And she puts her hands on her hips and says "There is going to be a fight, and I need you to help me get all of the fairies away from it" *pointing toward the jousting arena* She was sooooo adorable. She didn't want any faerie to get hurt in the fight to the death joust. And she was serious as a heart attack. Her dad was trying to pull her away and she was shouting back at me like it was her life's mission to save every faerie at that festival. I just wanted to put her in my pocket and take her home. lol

That was pretty much my day. Hehe at one point of our hiding, a guy walked within about 2 feet of us and didn't have a clue we were there, and he was looking pretty much right at us. It was gweat!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

squiregaby

that's an awesome story Lady Remi!! :D Children are absolutely adorable when they're serious about something! :D
Squire Gaby
Squire to the Knights of the most Noble Cause

Jonas_MacPherson

Quote from: Lady Remi on June 20, 2009, 10:19:55 PM

That was pretty much my day. Hehe at one point of our hiding, a guy walked within about 2 feet of us and didn't have a clue we were there, and he was looking pretty much right at us. It was gweat!
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

For all I know, that could have been me, several times over. I'm pretty out of it at times. :)

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Home = HOT SHOWER to wash the days grime off. My legs hurt and I have to take a shot in one tonight to boot. OUCH

Had a blast... as always. Was so glad to see some old friends and meet some new ones. Thanks to all for all the fun and friendship. I am SO glad the rain stayed away (it didn't up north were we live in Loveland as it was raining about 25 miles from home) The lighting was nice and subdude for photos which was nice and seemed to capture some vibrant colors. The new dress keeps getting compliments and I will soon have my green Tall Hat to wear instead of the new black one... or at least wear on different weekends. Was bummed I didn't wear my Katherine Parr dress but if I had the rain most likely would have follen and not been good on the train I drag around.

Took 990 photos YES 990 photo's. Not all of which are good and of course some are the same subject just different zooms, angles positioning etc There are a few good ones.

Thanks to those for making my sister Kelly's virgin visit fun for her. She'll be back, but not until next year... hum guess it wasn't that fun... or maybe it's just life getting in the way of what is most important... FAIRE.

Yes Hamster WHERE seen at faire. Three to be counted that I saw. Funny thing is My... yes I was one of those who helped have hamster infiltrate the faire got a lot of attention... almost more than I did and especially from children and even some adults who asked "Why a hamster?"

We hope to see you all next Saturday if all works out well.

Have agreat day tomorrow for those who work or even play. Look forward to the new photos sometime this week... I hope, as 990 photos are a lot to go through and filter down to what I think are the best... Anyone want a job helping out? Oh well thought I would check, I guess it's up to Toki and I.

Once again Thanks and HUZZAH to everyone. I will miss you all until next week... Is it here yet?

P.S. Somebody PLEASE go pick the Marquiche up out of the dirt. Last we saw him, he was lying face down in the dirt... I guess I must be nice to him as he likes to flirt with me and that always makes me feel good. OH and watch out, there was this funny guy walking around in a Yellow and Black uniform with a greenish tint to his skin. I think he said his name was DATA.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

I saw Data on my way back from dropping off my tills!  Haha how fantastic, I wish I'd gotten a chance to talk to him.  It always cracks me up when I see the super Trekkers appear at faire.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Princess Alice

I missed today :( 
I have contracted the Ren Flu.

I hope I feel better by tomorrow!
Real Men Eat Fish.

Tanda

Quote from: Zoë on June 20, 2009, 10:47:07 PM
I saw Data on my way back from dropping off my tills!  Haha how fantastic, I wish I'd gotten a chance to talk to him.  It always cracks me up when I see the super Trekkers appear at faire.

It was Mirror Universe Data! Which makes it uber geeky! Yay! And his phaser was a remote control. Win!

And Can I just say, Best Sick Day Ever! I have no voice, but it's ok, today at work I don't have contact with the public. I'll be at faire when I get off of work. Aiming for about 2:30...we'll see.
o/` I'm a little teapot...o/` No, I'm not, that would be silly. ::)