News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Jon and Kate Plus Eight

Started by FaeHollow, June 19, 2009, 09:27:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FaeHollow

Who watches?

What do you think in general?

What do you think of the scandals?
Leigh

maelstrom0370

I've caught the occasional episode.
I think the woman is a shrew.
Didn't follow enough to know if he actually had an affair or if he did indeed just go out for drinks when the family was gone.
I think they need to end the show and figure out their lives before the kids grow up to be the next Dana Plato or Danny Bonaduce

bellevivre

I hate that woman- she makes me very very angry. She has anger management issues and has tried to capitalize on her kids. It's disgusting. I try to avoid them when i can, but for whatever reason they are now on right by the Duggars, who I DO enjoy...

I just worry about those kids! No, i dont think she wrecked her marriage all by herself, but she didnt try to change her abusive ways either...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Muffin

Just watched tonight's show.. I've been watching pretty much since the beginning when it was just those few specials on TLC.. I think its really sad that they have split up.. Sad for both of them and sad for all of the kids.. She was hard on Jon, but I don't think Kate carries all the blame for the demise of the relationship.. Whether there were actually affairs going on or not its always very sad when a family breaks..

It will be interesting to see what happens, how they deal with the kids, if the show will continue, etc... The media has been hard on both of them, and I wouldn't blame either one if they decided enough was enough and there was no more Jon and Kate plus Eight...

Who knows...  :-\
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Julianne

I have to echo Muffin's sentiments.  It's all very sad and I wince at the painful reality that the destruction of this family will always be a public spectacle.  I know they chose to make their lives public and for whatever reason they chose to do it ...what's done is done now for all the world to see.
It had seemed to me that as the show continued it was less about the kids and more about the decline of Jon and Kate's relationship and their marriage.
Eight kids or one...separation and divorce is a painful thing for kids to go through let alone the realization that everyone else in America watched it too.

Anna Iram

I'm watching this as I type. They both seems so down hearted...so stressed ...it's sad, and I hesitate to lay blame at either door.  It's got to be hard to have that many children and then to live years of your life in the public view...very hard. I couldn't do it . Growing together is hard enough without all that going on.