News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Loki and other Liquers

Started by bellevivre, June 18, 2009, 11:20:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SandrineDeLaTombe

Quote from: GoodyTombShoes on August 10, 2010, 06:23:02 PM
I just bottled 4 loki's. I did a Butter Almond, Lemon-Lime, Coffee and Bananas Foster.

Oh my word, coffee loki sounds divine. Does it end up tasting like kahlua?
I aim to misbehave

Lumpy

We are doing Root Beer Loki and Mocha Frap w/ Whip Loki this season. For our wedding we are planning Cotton Candy Loki.
Founder, MDRF Friends of Faire
Dread Pirate Lumpy
Lump'n M'Crack

Francisco Paula

okay is it bad that i have already located a place to get the candy oils and where i can get free bottles to put it in?

LadyStitch

Sounds perfectly normal to me.  ;D
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

bellevivre

Quote from: Sir Garath on August 11, 2010, 02:13:01 PM
okay is it bad that i have already located a place to get the candy oils and where i can get free bottles to put it in?
absolutely normal! though, i will say- go with extracts where you can- you're going to add water to the mix, so the oils will likely not emulsify properly...

granted, Ive never TRIED candy oils in anything except candy, but, you can actually order a wide range of flavors from King Arthur Flour...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Blue66669

Whatever you do... DO NOT ATTEMPT TO USE SONIC SYRUPS AS A FLAVORING!!!!!

It's usually baaaaad business.
Blaidd Drwg

LadyStitch

After looking at the  King Arthur Flour  flavorings I'm begining to see how someone COULD concoct the Chocolate Chip cookie dough Loki I tasted once.  Now that stuff was evil! Wonderful but evil.....
It is kind of strange watching your personal history become costume.

bellevivre

I will say that my apple pie has a crust aspect...

but, yeah. dont try to go with real cocoa... it just doesnt work (hence the failed nutella loki in my pantry)
Belle the Kat

DonaCatalina

Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

Francisco Paula

Just went to the spice shops near my work. Got 3 different types of cinnamon sticks, and three different types of vanilla extract. http://www.savoryspiceshop.com/extracts.html#extracts is one of the shops

bellevivre

Ok, Sir Garath, I'm a little jealous of you now...

yeah, and I think i left my spices in too long, cause apple pie tastes more like Apple Jager or Apple Drambuie...
Belle the Kat

Francisco Paula

two small batches made. Did a peppermint patty type and a chocolate coffee.

Valiss

Has anyone run into the "medicine" problem with thiri loki flavor? I make a couple of bottles of raspberry loki a few years ago and when I tried it the other day they tasted kinda like medicine - almost NyQuil-ish. It's been a while since I made this batch, but I want to say that I only put in raspberry extracts. I wonder if I add a bit of vanilla extract now if it will mellow that out a bit.  Has anyone tried to do this? Or otherwise, has anyone had any luck 'fixing' loki long after it's been made?

Aiacha

My next attempt is inspired by lemoncello.  It will be a lemon cranberry, where I plan on infusing the everclear with the fruit first, then mixing it adding the sugar.  When I'll have the time to do this, I have no idea  :)

Blue66669

Hey Aiacha, we did an experiment with Lemoncello and loki right around May or so. It will need epic tweeking, as the flavors are a little off. Just FYI...
Blaidd Drwg