News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 Opening Day Breakfast

Started by SleepyArcher, June 19, 2009, 05:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marietta Graziella

Perhaps that would be best.  We'll just have to plan another event when people aren't all working. 

REMEMBER!!!  10:00 MAIN MEAD BOOTH is still the norm.  Every day.  All run.  See you there!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Goody

well, my mom will be there too. thats 8. isnt that enough for a party!!! maybe more would committ as fest gets closer??

Lady_Lily

There's still 17 days, half of a month, you can't call it a wash yet! I may be there, but I don't know my schedule quite yet. If I have to work the morning shift then I'm unsure if I'll be able to make it!

Gauwyn of Bracknell

We are still somewhat new - where is the 'main' meade booth?
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Charlotte Rowan

Yeah, seriously, peeps, come on! I *just* post about how excited I am that both me AND Rob can most likely make it for the first time EVER to a breakfast, and the very next post is, "It looks like no one can come, let's not do it." What??
Masquerading as a normal person day after day is exhausting.

Charlotte Rowan

Also Carpathian said she was visiting our faire that day and said she'd be interested in attending... we need to welcome our out of town visitor! Plus I think we're actually up to 11, 13 it Lily and Leyla end up being able to make it...

Muffin

Quote from: Gauwyn of Brocknell on August 05, 2009, 11:57:14 AM
We are still somewhat new - where is the 'main' meade booth?

The main mead booth is located right by the Pavillion and Joust Track.. When you enter the front gate head towards Bad Manor and stay to your right.. You will pass us at Foaming Stein and after you stop their to say Hi! the mead booth is just up the lane on the right..  :)
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Synnovea

Hmmm...On the very first post in this thread I count 7.  Charlotte and Rob make 9.  Goody's mom brings us up to 10...how do you all get only 3 people showing up ???

I guess I'll keep checking back to see if the breakfast thing is a go or not.

SleepyArcher

Okok I will keep it open.  :D

Down by the tree's like last year. Let me know what you plan on bringing...to eat/drink.

Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

Marietta Graziella

I will cook it, and they will come.  We're on then!

From the scuttle I'm hearing, SS will be watching parking lot parties so I believe it to be in our best interest to be discreet with any beverages that may be consumed.  As always, we keep the roadway clear and tidy up all of our things.  No trashiness, except of course our behaviour.   ;)   I think because we are always good about cleaning up we'll be fine. 

Who's bringing plates/forks/napkins?
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Synnovea

Quote from: LORD FONDLEBOTTOM on June 19, 2009, 05:58:15 AM
I'm getting antsy anyone else?

Sleepy/Ren Jenn: fruit and a 6ft table.
Ferret: Caribou Coffee
Synn/Toar:
MG:
goody:
Goody's mum:
Charlotte and Rob:

I shall bring muffins and can bring plates/napkins/utensils.

Muffin

Quote from: Synnovea on August 06, 2009, 10:22:06 AM

Synn/Toar:
MG:
goody:
Goody's mum:
Charlotte and Rob:

Sorry Synn I have to be at the Pub for pubmaster hour..  I can't come with you...  :D ;)

A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

Capt. Bacardi

Quote from: Muffin on August 06, 2009, 02:53:34 PM
Quote from: Synnovea on August 06, 2009, 10:22:06 AM

Synn/Toar:
MG:
goody:
Goody's mum:
Charlotte and Rob:

Sorry Synn I have to be at the Pub for pubmaster hour..  I can't come with you...  :D ;)

Bloody hell!!!.....No sharing my Muffin with everyone.  :o  ;)
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Charlotte Rowan

Yay!!

I have a few ideas of what to bring... I'll let you guys decide. Here are the options, tell me which one soudns best:

1. Banana bread
2. Some juices (OJ and maybe grapefruit)
3. Yogurt and granola

Storm

Gin and hope to be there opening day, but we will miss the breakfast.

For those that do not know (mainly those not on facebook...LoL), I broke my knee cap back in May. I had surgery to repair it and was suppose to be fine for the start of 'fest, but one of the pins in my knee shifted (a not uncommon thing with broken knee caps) and makes walking for me a bit painful. I can get around if I "straight leg it" and actually do walk like I have a peg leg! But, that's slow, plodding and not a lot of fun. All the hardware will be coming out of my knee the week after Labor Day, so I should be good to go then. I want to try opening day and see how it goes. Thankfully, I have a temporary handicap permit and can park in the front row so I won't have to deal with walking across the parking lot! If things go ok I will be out every weekend like always. If not, I will sit things out until after the hardware come out.

We look forward to seeing everyone again and having another great year at 'fest!..