News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

hamster prayer

Started by anne of oaktower, June 17, 2009, 11:42:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anne of oaktower

Greetings, All.  I have had a wonderful time these last few days reading your hamster hilarity...silly, crazy, quirky, and FUN!  Now I must ask a special favor...

I went to visit my daughter this evening and, as is my custom, went directly to her bedroom to visit my grand-hamster (the only kind of "grand" anything I want until my girl finishes college!).  The poor little thing seems to be ill...she's not moving much and tries to nip if touched (unusual for her).  I've been searching the web for possible causes, and I fear the worst.  Tomorrow we shall search for a vet who treats hamsters.

Knowing your fondness for hamsters (or at least for hamster humor), I turn to all of you for help...please say a little hamster prayer that Miss Marley will soon be well. 

Sincerely,
Anne (a distant cousin from your sister faire in Pittsburgh)
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

PirateAsh

oh no! I hope its okay! I'm a Veterinary Technician, I know those little guys can be very fragile! I've had quite a few of my own! It'll be in my thoughts!
Pirate Ash

Hey- Arent You?

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

I am sorry for the little one. My thoughts are with little Miss Marley
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Francisco Paula

My heart goes out to you, i love animals and had a hamster die of old age and what you are describing sounds similar. They are great animals but with a life span of a couple years can be heart breaking.

Hamsters are dear to our hearts here even with our jokes.

Gary

Zoë

We are letting our brood of hamsters live itself out so we are losing our hamsters one by one as the weeks pass...sounds very much like old age has finally struck your dear grand-hamster and I'm quite sorry!  I hope that she has a swift and painless passing!  My thoughts will be with her.
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

anne of oaktower

We'll be taking Marley to the vet Friday morning.  She's sleeping a lot and breathing heavy, but she did eat a little today, so hopefully that's a good sign.  Thank you all for hamster hope :)

anne of oaktower

Sadly, Marley has left us.  Thank you all for your kind words for our fuzzy little friend. 

Taffy Saltwater

I am sorry to hear of Marley's passing.  Their little lights shine for such a brief period.
Sveethot!

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Sorry to hear about Marley... May she have much joy running the giant hamster wheel in the sky.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Zoë

Terribly sorry to hear about Marley!  I am sure she is having a grand time with all her hamster brothers and sisters up in the giant hamster wheel in the sky.  :)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Hey- Arent You?

Anne-
wanted to let you know that among the several plush hamsters that appeared at CRF this weekend, there was a one riding around on my shoulder.
His name is Marley.
in Honor & Memorial.

Cheers!
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

anne of oaktower

Quote from: Hey- Arent You? on June 22, 2009, 09:31:51 AM
Anne-
wanted to let you know that among the several plush hamsters that appeared at CRF this weekend, there was a one riding around on my shoulder.
His name is Marley.
in Honor & Memorial.

Cheers!

Aaawww...thanks...what a wonderful gesture.  I'll be sure to tell my daughter :)