News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

August 8th @ 5pm is the Next Sherwood Forest Faire Gathering

Started by rengypsy, June 19, 2009, 09:01:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rengypsy

even if you are not camping, plan on staying into the evening as there is much entertainment, me thinks, happening on one of the stages in pproximity to the focal point of the gathering. 

likewise, at midnite, if the spirits so move, we hope to have a drumming circle with our tribal dancers to dazzle our eyes as our drummers send our spirits to a primal high.
it's all about the journey and the people we choose to make the journey with

mpullen

I will be bringing three drums to be used by folks who feel the need. Even if you have never drummed, I think there will be more than enough folks to get the beat going and show you how to make glad music.

If you have never experienced a fully coordinated drumming circle, with dancers, fire acts, bon fire, multiple drummers, and other instruments, this is the time to live the experience.

MysticXSab

Believe, for faith will see you through the blackest of nights.

Bonny Pearl

Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Captain Kilian

looks like its chorizo and egg breakfast tacos for Sunday morning! I should have enough stuff for about 10+ people. More then happy to do more then that, just need to let me know if more then that will be wanting such for breakfast!
"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

JohnO

Capn K

How bought I throw in some mushrooms and bacon into tha mix in exchange for a taco or two??
Call me JohnO Ishmael.

Captain Kilian

"I'd like to thank all the little people...that just never saw it coming." - Me
Royal Order of the Landshark, Guppy 14

Zaubon

Quote from: Captain Kilian on August 07, 2009, 06:37:25 PM
i think we can make such arrangements!
And when you run out of you're strange mixture come on over and have some Farmer's Breakfast.

Yrose

We'll be caravaning up with Bonny Pearl, I'm bringing a large fruit salad. Nice and cold to fight this awful heat. Doubt we'll camp just too dang hot.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Escarlata

I posted a notice to Twitter about the gathering. Don't know that you'll get anyone out because of it but awareness always helps. Have a great time.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

ThreeAcreRanch Soaps

Sorry but we're not going to be able to make it. I'm going to georgia tomorrow.  Next time though.

Yrose

We had a terrific time! This faire is going to be great! It's always good to see all the familiar face and make new rennie friends. The drum circle really had it going!
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

RenStarr

I've just reg'd with the site, but have been lurking in the shadows for some time.  My wife and I made it out to the gathering yesterday afternoon/evening, and we had a great time!!  I just wanted to chim in to say the site was really cool, the folks were really nice (not that we expected anything less), and we both look forward to additional gatherings as well as the faire itself. 

Eric my friend, your passion is obvious and your logical and business like approach in putting this venture together was impressive!

We've been attending TRF for some time now and really enjoy our time there.  But with Sherwood starting up in early spring every year (and only an hours drive from our house, we live in Round Rock), this is going to be a welcome addition to central Texas rennie fans.  I look forward to weekends camping out and attending the faire!! 

RenStarr...........aka.......Mitch

Spiced rum....hmmmmm
Greetings, try this.
Starr Gazzer.
2013 TRF AHE RenNado.....heck of a night