News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

New Food at Faire

Started by IndeanaSunday, June 13, 2009, 10:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IndeanaSunday

Quote from: DacianFalx on June 17, 2009, 01:24:39 PM
Quote from: IndeanaSunday on June 15, 2009, 03:47:34 PM
Dustis's mention of lemons just reminded me of an incredibly refreshing Faire treat I discovered last year, but I don't remember exactly how to make it! If you see this DacianFalx remind me again about that lemon-peppermint-stick treat that you ate last year. Boy was it good!

Hey, my pleasure...:-D

The trick is simple, ask the nice kids at the fruit booth for a "peppermint lemon." What you'll receive is a half a lemon, juicy, with a wide (and porous) King Leo Peppermint Stick stuck in the center. Now then, the proper application of this chilly delight is to place the end of the peppermint in your mouth and suck the juice of the lemon through it while gently squeezing the lemon. The resulting lemon/peppermint juice will taste yummy, and cool you off. The best part is that, after a long faire day, this little treat can clean your throat out and repair a scratchy voice so you can be in full swing in time for pubsing!

We BtM used this trick for much of last season, with great effect. Enjoy!

(An' see you all in 16 days, 19 hours, 30 minutes...!)

Geoff

Thanks! This thread is making me yearn for Faire right in the middle of my stomach.  :P

!!!! No one has mentioned Mile High Cake?! Oh, the divinity of cake!

Lord Finger

And here I thought I'd be saving money on food this year...

IndeanaSunday

SterlingScot.... you have the best signature ever. Those smileys are hilarious!

Lord Finger

Thanks Indeana. They reminded me of something that happened at Sterling years ago. Something about a friend missing a tree he meant to lean on.