News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Trying to Find Merchant at GSLRF

Started by Lady Renee Buchanan, June 23, 2009, 08:40:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady Renee Buchanan

The last day before we left, Steve and I visited a potter's booth.  The woman makes the shields every year for the faire, each year with a different topic.  She didn't have the 2009 one ready, said it was going to be a Tudor rose.

We bought one of the other clay shields, and paid her to send us a 2009 shield.  We paid a little more for shipping.  We never received it, and since I've been home, I can't find the receipt for it.

Here's the info that I can remember.  The shop wasn't too far from the front entrance.  It was on your right if you walked in from the entrance.  She made different mugs, I remember by the cash register there were some of fairies.

She told me that she expected the shields to be available for the last weekend, which was a month ago, so we should have gotten it by now.  If someone can provide me with her name, the name of the booth, and any contact info, I'd really appreciate it.  Thank you.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

limey_tech

Ashin Griffin Pottery.  I know the nephew of the owner.  PM me the contact info and I'll forward it on to her.
Jason D. Smallen aka Kathryn's Daddy

limey_tech

Jason D. Smallen aka Kathryn's Daddy

Lady Renee Buchanan

Thank you so much for the info.  I contacted Kim and she had misplaced our address & had no way to contact us!  So she put a shield in the mail for us today. 

I told her that we bought the 2007 shield for ourselves, and Steve put it at the top of our steps in the great room, going down to the family room (we are on a hill and have a walk-out lower level that has the family room, computer room, and a bedroom/bath).  So every time we go up or down the stairs, we can see the shield, which brings back great memories of the wonderful time we had at the St. Louis Ren Faire and the marvelous friends we made there.   ;D

Thanks again.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich