News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 season is coming ..

Started by oignuc, June 25, 2009, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oignuc

i can't wait till the 2009 season starts . i have added some much more variety to my booth i can't wait for everyone to see it and want it all . that is hopefully of course .

Lady_Claira

I'll probably see it, but most likely only in passing. I'm on the street cast this year though and I can tell you with certainty that the story is pretty sweet!

I can't wait for opening weekend already!
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Jayde

I've lost track of the sewing I gotta get done before we open! lol

I can't wait though! Not sure yet where I'll be working.
IWG# 2277
IFORP# 846 ~The Grave Dancer~

"If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless."

Lady_Claira

At least we have time before we open. Which is good because I have a bunch of songs I need to memorize (I'm singing in the madrigals) and dances to learn (I'm dancing too)

And we still have rehearsals for characters and all that. Though everything is already coming together nicely. Our fights this year are pretty epic and I already love the ones I have seen! :D

Though Jayde, once you know where you'll be let us know so we can stop in and say Hi, even if I have to do so in character, lol.
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Jayde

thank goodness for that. I keep forgetting it's still the beginning of August lol.

I definitely will let you know as soon as I do. then again, sometimes I'm hard to miss lol.
IWG# 2277

oignuc

only a few weeks left and still lots to do .. piles of orders that haven't even been unpacked ;(
at least this year i have tons of help from my old KRF crew .
i think i'll be there everyday during set up week  this year , since i have 2 booths to set up now .
with all this rain and most likely a warm season , it will be a very buggy faire i think , this year . i'll still haven't unpacked my citronella yet either .see you all soon

Oignuc

Damien Ryan

So how is this faire? worth driving 3 hours for?

Lady_Claira

As one of the cast members, of course I'm going to say yes! lol (Part of why I reccomended it)

We are still preparing and putting it all together, but as someone who already knows this years story (don't ask, I'm not sharing it) I'll say with certainty that it's funny and I like it. The madrigals show is already coming together and the fight scenes are looking great though no where near up to speed yet.

We still have to really start rehearsals (which isn't for another two weeks) but I love it.

It is smaller than other faires, but it is fun. It is a King Arthur story every year (so I don't mind saying that much) and it isn't on a permanent faire ground so you don't get the luxury of permanent ren like buildings. But it is still fun.

Damien Ryan

im a huge king arthur fan, i will deff try to make it then =)

oignuc

this faire is well worth your your time for many reasons , and i'm not just saying that because i'm a vendor ;)

this faire started as a small 1 weekend faire and grew every year , but never lost its close family like attitude that the cast , volunteers and vendors share . this great feeling is reflected to our guests and they feel welcomed and well entertained . the cast is excellent and they really get into interacting with guests . the vendor provide a very wide range of goods . the site is a soft site but there is many places to hide in on the very rainy days . 2 stages have gigantic tents over them and provide a place to eat as well . be sure to come visit me and let me know if my description was accurate. you'll know my booth when you see it . it looks like a dungeon and is an actual building . i sell incense , if you can stand the smell ;)  , i'm used to it by now .

Oignucs   

Jayde

lol I love walking by and stopping in the doorway lol, especially first thing on the morning!
IWG# 2277

oignuc

please visit , i'm up early every morning preparing so you'll know i'll be there ;)

Jayde

I already do :P lol, I know I got to talk to you briefly one morning last year lol
IWG# 2277

oignuc

i plan on staying at the faire this year at least 2 weekends , defiantly Columbus day weekend . i'll be up early too . i'll be there at least 4 days of set up week too . hope to see you .

Lady_Claira

You'll probably see me. If anything, once I know who my character is I'll let people know! :D