News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 season is coming ..

Started by oignuc, June 25, 2009, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

We, The Brigands, perform up an down the East Coast, at all kinds of faires, festivals.
Connecticut Renaissaince Faire is our HOME! And it feels like it too. Really good cast and singing,  who love to interact with the patrons.  The management truely cares about the experience. 
They have improved every year we have played there ( 7 years now) and we expect this year to continue.

Worth 3 hour drive?  I should say so.
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

Lady_Claira

Yay for singers! I'm singing this year in the madrigals. They are pretty tough this year and all of them fit the time frame of midieval to renaissance. So that's really cool! :D

And I shall have to keep my eye out for The Brigands
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

oignuc

The Brigands were about 40 feet  my booth 2 years ago and i heard them all day , very fun music .
by the end of the second day i began to unconsciously sing along ;)
great stuff well worth a listen .hopefully they will be under the tavern stage again .

Jayde

oignuc....if you're going to stay on site, you definitely have to check out the Stone Soupo Ceiligh (sp?). It's a wonderful group of us who camp onsite and it turns into one big potluck. All they ask in return is either a monetary (a buck or two) toward the propane kitty for the grills or a food donation of your choice. Preferably enough for yourself and a few others. It's loads of fun!  ;D

that goes for you as well lady Claira...
IWG# 2277
IFORP# 846 ~The Grave Dancer~

"If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless."

Lady_Claira

OOoo that sounds fun. I'll certainly think about it. MMmm, potluck.
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

The Stone Soup dinners are f-ing AWESOME.  Never left hungry ..... or sober.
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

oignuc

i was there last Columbus day weekend on the Sunday . we hung out until about 10:30 pm . this year I'll be staying up there Columbus day weekend , Saturday and Sunday . and most likely October 3rd Saturday night . definitely  see you there .

Jayde

Oct 3rd...ok, I'll be the red head avoiding people singing a certain annual life event's song.....

and Capt, you know what Kate says...."If you go away hungry it's your own fault!"
IWG# 2277

duffy

just curious if anyone has gone to this and parf? wondering how they compare? my parents live in LI and i would probably take the ferry over from orient point. was considering crf or parf and wanted an honest answer.

Frederic

Oh my, I've been gone too long  -Its almost faire time in Hebron and I haven't posted in neigh a month - Hello Oignuc, its good to hear that you'll be back.  I've signed up to volunteer again (for what, my 5th straight year?) and I'm looking forward to it more than ever!  I volunteered for either Security or Town Criers, with the only condition being that I'm not made to wear one of those "Security" T-shirts.  Give me Garb, or give me Death!
Merchant of the Hansa, Procurer to the Queen, and complete scoundrel

oignuc

great to hear you are returning again this year . did you have any doubts that I'd return ?
how could i miss the faire , it is my vacation time .

Jayde

Quote from: duffy on August 20, 2009, 10:13:38 AM
just curious if anyone has gone to this and parf? wondering how they compare? my parents live in LI and i would probably take the ferry over from orient point. was considering crf or parf and wanted an honest answer.

ummm lol as you could have guessed by the posts in this thread...those of us posting so far are involved with Connecticut Renaissance Faire, in some way (CRF, I think of Carolina Ren faire).

I have been to both PARF and CTRF (I have worked the past 3 years at this one). It's kind of hard, to me, to try and compare the 2. PARF is a much larger scale faire than we are, not to mention they are a hard site, whereas we are not. Another difference is that CTRF is a dry faire. Also, CTRF's storyline is more Athurian based, whereas PARF's (I believe) is Elizabeth I based.

I personally love both faires, but that is in part because I have friends at both.
IWG# 2277

duffy

well, we decided we will be visiting your faire. i figured it was smaller and being dry doesnt bother us one bit. it just works out better and cheaper for us to go to ctrf. i do look forward to hearing the brigands play. sterling is our home faire and the only one we have been to so far. so what should we make sure to see? we enjoy the music and shopping at the booths the most. any reccomendations as of what garb is best? i know it will be pirate weekend there so that is probably what we will do. of coarse i will probably be a kilted pirate :)

Jayde

I'm soo glad to hear someone who is not familiar with our faire saying that it being a dry site does not bother them!  ;D I have run into too many people who, when they hear it's a dry site, say "oh, nevermind, I don't wanna go if there's no alcohol"

As far as shows, I can definitely recommend the Brigands. The Pope & Cardinal show is pretty good too. Other than that I have usually been too busy working to have managed to catch many other shows (not to mention it's kind of hard to recommend just one show, when you're friends with almost all them lol). I haven't quite looked yet to see what we do have for entertainment this year.

I managed to make it out for opening and closing weekends of Sterling in 2007. I loved that faire, I was bummed that I had to miss it last year and this year. There are plenty of really good vendors, it all depends on what you're looking for, and...we got Fantasia!!!! lol

....oh! I almost forgot....if you're planning for Pirate Invasion weekend...that would be Columbus day weekend and Monday is our "Men in Kilts" contest  :D
IWG# 2277

oignuc

still so much work to do , did final inventory last night and realized i don't need to buy anything for at least 2 years  :o
built all my countered and painted all signs for booth #2 . set up day i think will end up being set-up week  ???