News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 season is coming ..

Started by oignuc, June 25, 2009, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Claira

Well full rehearsals (not just music and fight cast) start this Saturday. I cannot wait though it's going to be a long day for us. Though I can't wait. I'll definitely keep everyone posted on how amazing it is coming.
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

oignuc

I'm sure it will all be amazing as usual . every year the cast does such a great job with interaction and story - line . I'm sad that there are so many that i miss being but those that have stayed and those that have newly joined have done great to ease the pain a bit .

example : i really miss the character , " blight " .

Lady_Claira

Well, the story is coming together well and we started putting our characters together today. I know four things about my character and this morning I knew nothing and for someone who has never planned a fair persona it was fun and worked well.

And as for stopping by, I might have an in character reason to do so now! He he he, yay!
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

oignuc

glad to hear everything is coming together . so far things are going well for me too . i have my flat bed truck set for 9/19/09 for transportation of the incense booth and all fixtures , freezers , refrigerators, etc. ready for the food booth . the amazing thing is that there is plenty of help this year ! i have most of my old KRF crew coming this year to help at my booth. 

Lady_Claira

Two more weeks till faire starts. I'm getting more and more excited and more and more nervous at the same time because it is going to be interesting.

Though it looks like I'm going to be able to join in on the camping. I'm close enough though that if it looks like it is going to be a horridly wet weekend, I might go home for the nights since I'm an hour away, but overall, I'm really excited about the whole deal.

oignuc

a week away from set up day ....
that will be a long day but well worth it I'm sure . be sure to come by and say hello .

Lady_Claira

If I get a break from rehearsal, then I certainly will. Though I'm not quite sure how much of a break I will have.

I did however get my costume today. (Yes, I said costume. I'm not going to change that term either due to the theatrical implications I am trying to give it.) and I absolutely love it.

I am also probably going to camp over night on the weekends. So I'm looking forward to that as well.

oignuc

great to hear things are moving along so smooth . this year will be great , i have so much help i will be able to see at least one show a day this year . i will be staying on site about 3 nights , October 3rd night , Columbus day weekend Saturday and Sunday night  .

Jayde

Well, it is just about official. I will be working at the candy and popcorn booth again this year.

Now I just have to figure out my camping situation because I haven't had a chance to ship my camping tent back to the company to be replaced yet.
IWG# 2277
IFORP# 846 ~The Grave Dancer~

"If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless."

Lady_Claira

Yeah, I have to figure out the camping situation as well. But it should be fun.

oignuc

camping will be very easy for me , close the front door , take out sleeping bag , and put on the floor and crash ! wake up start working .

Jayde

lol well not everyone has the convenience of a portable hard booth  :P  :D
IWG# 2277

oignuc

convenient , yes . but not easy or cheap to get it there ;(
after the tropical storms that raged through the majority of the 2005 season i thought very long about building that . my other options were to rent a tent and put a temporary floor = about $1500.00 or buy a period tent and put a floor in it = $2000.00 + . for that money i bought the material and built what i have now . when the faire finds their own land i can park permently and save another $1000 in transportation fees . then i can blow out the back wall and make it larger .
I'll see you all Saturday morning . 

Jayde

well. I may be there either Thursday, or some time on Friday.
IWG# 2277

oignuc

I'll be there Thursday before opening day as well as this Saturday and Sunday .