News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 season is coming ..

Started by oignuc, June 25, 2009, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William of Ware

Hi, Looking  forward to making CTRF this year.   
I made it to Rendevous '09 at MDRF and had a really great time meeting some of the folks of R/F.com.   
I hope to make opening day.
William of Ware
Ren Merc 616
6JR81  Jolly Roger DX Group

Jayde

I'm thinking I may be there on Friday, seeing as that may be when I can fill my car with gas to get down lol

I'll most likely be the redhead working for Lady Maiden (popcorn and candy booth)
IWG# 2277
IFORP# 846 ~The Grave Dancer~

"If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless."

oignuc

the popcorn you'll be selling in great stuff !! i'm sure you won't have to worry about complaints there .I'll be there again Thursday . Saturday morning at about 5:30 am to get finished to open with everything exactly the way i want it .

Jayde

lol it's just as good to smell as it is to eat, which is good because I don't really eat much popcorn.

I looked at the webcams lol saw your booth already
IWG# 2277

oignuc

my booth was in place with outside signs on Saturday by 1pm . i spent the next 5 hours  and 5 on Sunday putting out the goods , and i'm still 50 % done ;(
I'm going back all day Thursday to hopefully get everything to fit .

Lady_Claira

I cannot wait for opening day.

I saw your booth getting set up Oignuc. But I'm not sure which guy you are or not. I tried to stop by and say Hi but I'm not sure I found you or not. (shrugs) But I did find your booth. It wasn't very hard to find with us cast members constantly going in and out of the pub tent. LOL

For anyone coming to faire, I'll be playing Isabella Lockstitch the town Seamstress and will be running around all over the faire all day. I will probably not be able to do any kind of meet up. But, I'm sure you'll be able to find me and I hope you do! I'd love to stop and say Hi! :D
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Jayde

I've been in CT all week, so as it stands right now, I may be there either briefly on Friday night, or not there until Saturday morning. I won't be camping this weekend due to tent issues. I will be the red head working at the popcorn and candy booth though lol.
IWG# 2277

oignuc

you'll know Me when you see me , i recently shaved my head . my out fit is black , the other john who works for me wear a brown outfit and also has a shaved head . you be able to spot Mary-Jane since see is the only women .
the others are Paul ,  Bob and possible Ron . Big crew this year , I'm optimistic that I'll need them all

Jayde

Oignuc....have you heard anyone mention they need help for CTRF?
IWG# 2277

oignuc

so far i haven't really even talked with more than a handful of vendors. not many are set up yet , and the ones i spoke with didn't mention any staffing needs . i could have used help last year when i lost 1 of my 3 helpers suddenly . this year i have at least 1 or 2 every day not counting me , but you can't count me , i 'm always in the back digging out more product to put out ..

SirBlackFox

We want to get up to CTRF to cover it in Faire Magazine but have gotten no response to our emails to mgmt.  Any idea what's going on or who else I can contact?
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

Lady_Claira

Who have you been e-mailing? The management became completely rearranged this year to the point where it made some of the rehearsals a bit sticky.

If you e-mailed Dan Desilets, then you may not get an answer because he is no longer one of the owners of the faire. I would try contacting Eric Tetreault. Though I do warn that lately he is incredibly busy preparing for the opening tomorrow. I'm not quite sure the e-mail though.
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

oignuc

oignuc

He was a good guy . we'll all miss him .

Frederic

It looks like a wonderful day for opening CTRF - I won't be there this weekend as I'll be catching the Pipes in the Valley Celtic festival in Hartford (My lovely spouse is a McIntyre, what can I do?). Its too bad that they have to compete ove this weekend, but I'll be there next Saturday. 

Hey, its another chance to listen to bagpipes, wear my kilt and drink craft beer.  One of the main sponsors is the Burnside Brewery, and I hear that their Dirty Penny Ale is outstanding ....

See you next weekend.
Merchant of the Hansa, Procurer to the Queen, and complete scoundrel