News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 season is coming ..

Started by oignuc, June 25, 2009, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lady_Claira

Opening weekend went mostly well.

Saturday was lovely. The weather was beautiful. Things went well. It was fun getting used to interacting with patrons during the day and remembering all of my bits.

Today was really wet (but I must say I am so glad I bought the cloak I did. It kept me warm and dry.)

Though I am also quite happy I got to meet Capt Robertsgrave Thighbighter of the Brigands. That made me smile. Their music is really good by the way. I'm not saying that because he's here and all that. I'm saying it because it was INCREDIBLE!
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Jayde

Despite the rain, it was a pretty good weekend. Got to meet William of Ware and say Hi to Oignucs again. I saw you Lady Claira, but didn't realise it was exactly you until another cast member called you seamstress.....as I passed you lol
IWG# 2277
IFORP# 846 ~The Grave Dancer~

"If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless."

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

I was indeed introduced to a lovely lass who 'says' she is Lady Claria, lol.  We are so glad you enjoyed our music.

And we saw many, but not all, of our friends of Faire.  Please if you are on these august boards and are at CTRF during the run, please come by one of our shows and say hello!
We rarely get time to do walk-abouts, and who knows, you may actually LIKE pirate music!

The Brigands
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

oignuc

i could hear the music from my booth , was great stuff !!

Lady_Claira

Jayde, exactly where is your booth? I'll stop by and say hi!

Oignuc, since you're positioned just right, I have to ask... what did you think of the madrigal singers or were we drowned out by the Brigands (because the two of us play right next to each other at the same time - lol)
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

oignuc

i was there on set -up Saturday and Sunday and was able to hear the madrigal singers clear and unobstructed and it was excellent !!! Both John ( one of my workers ) and myself said to each other that with both acts so close at the same time it was making the madrigals very hard to hear in the form that it was intended . you should seriouly try to reschedule after or before the other much louder show . Both are great but not at the same time . 

Jayde

Quote from: Lady_Claira on September 28, 2009, 04:10:23 PM
Jayde, exactly where is your booth? I'll stop by and say hi!

I work at the candy and popcorn booth, right across from H&SE, between Lusty Leather and the horns, I'm the redhead there.
IWG# 2277

Lady_Claira

Oignuc, the problem with scheduling madrigals for other times during the day is that many of the actors in the group have shows all day to run to and I know that figuring out how the schedule was going to work was amazingly hard because of the number of people in different shows. Though I agree that timing stinks.

Alright then Jayde. I will try and find it this coming weekend to say hi!

William of Ware

It was great meeting you Jade and Oignuc !!  I'm watching Saturdays weather..... So I may wait till Sunday to drive down again.  I'd like to catch the joust again from another angle.  I was up on the hill and have some great pictures, but was  a little dissapointed I couldn't hear much with the croud talking.  I want to try and see if I can catch one of the Brigands preformances and met more members of R/F.com.
William of Ware
Ren Merc 616
6JR81  Jolly Roger DX Group

Lady_Claira

I'd love to meet you William of Ware. I will be playing Isabella Lockstitch, the town seamstress and I run around all day with a basket of sewing supplies. If you see me, please do say hi to me! :D

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

"Can't someone shut those bloody Pirates up?"; we have heard it a million times!
Let us see what can be done this weekend, M'Lady.
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

oignuc

No !! don't shut the pirates up . i rather enjoy hearing them throughout the day .

Lady_Claira

Quote from: Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter on October 01, 2009, 07:10:58 AM
"Can't someone shut those bloody Pirates up?"; we have heard it a million times!
Let us see what can be done this weekend, M'Lady.

I wasn't thinking that at all. It is certainly not your fault that we sing at the same time. Besides I really like the songs I have heard of yours. I don't think it is that big of a deal just more of a timing sucks thing. But I have no issues with how you were playing or the volume of it and there were certainly quite a few people who stopped to listen to us madrigals for a song or two and that was nice too.

Sometimes we cannot help the cards we are dealt and if we can keep some audience members engaged while you guys are playing in the background, I certainly find that to be a wonderful challenge.

Jayde

I hope the weather turns around for the weekend :(
IWG# 2277

oignuc

Sunday looks like ideal weather . Saturday looks ok , simply since the rain at this point will be intermittent . people who are there or just arriving  aren't going to just leave if it starts raining temporarily .