News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

2009 season is coming ..

Started by oignuc, June 25, 2009, 04:50:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frederic

Well, good or bad weather I'll be there Saturday.  Its been a long week, and I've been looking forward to it for some time, so I'm not going to let "Scattered showers/thunder showers" scare me off.   I don't exactly know what I'm doing (my guildmaster never got in touch, so I don't know if I'm a "Guardian" or a "Town Crier"), but I'll be sure to see you all ... and Mistress Lockstitch, to help you stay in character,  I shall not address you as Lady Claira, but a humble seamstress  .... no lady you, but a lass who quite likely is carrying a big, sharp pair of knitting needles to keep scoundrels like me at bay! 

'til tomorrow
Merchant of the Hansa, Procurer to the Queen, and complete scoundrel

Lady_Claira

Nay good frederic, not knitting needles but a basket of fabric, thread, and needles. All the things a good seamstress needs. :D
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Jayde

it was great meeting you Frederic, and Lady Claira
IWG# 2277
IFORP# 846 ~The Grave Dancer~

"If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless."

Capt Robertsgrave Thighbiter

Hear hear, very nice to see faces from our little enclave of northern Rennies!
If the rum's gone, so is the fun
*images and URLs not allowed in signatures* -Admin
Party like it's 1724

Lady_Claira

Jayde it was indeed great to meet you. It was also great to meet Frederic and William of Ware.

I have been having so much fun with faire so far. Two more weekends to go and we'll be done, which is kind of sad. But I am loving every moment so far. (Except maybe the rain. And getting stung by a yellow jacket. But otherwise, it is all good.)
You see this training pin? It could be yours. You could learn all about wenches! And that's a promise! - My friend Mike

Jayde

yeah, definitely could do without the r*** lol
IWG# 2277

Frederic

Hey - the weather on Saturday wasn't all that bad - we did get some periods of no rain.  And I learned an interesting lesson - a nice thick wool cloak makes an excelent rain coat-but it weighs a bloody ton by the end of a rainy day!

I was good meeting you all - Jayde Robertsgrave and the lovely Lady Claira (Mistress Lockstitch)- and seeing Oignuc again.  A also seeing Sir Stephen, the mailed knight - he's not a member of this forum, but he's the great keeper of the front gate and peace-tier of weapons extrodinaire - and one of my oldest friends at CTRF. 

Oh, and I did see that Lady Claira's madrigal group managed to solve their venue problem - the show of theirs that I caught was given from under the overhang just outide the lady's privy!  A perfect solution - the singers were under cover and out of the rain, far enough from the Tavern Stage that there was no interference from the Brigands, plenty of space for the crowd to stand listening outside - and we assume that the seated ladies inside appreciated the music too!

Lady_Claira

LOL, yeah that was fun. And we decided that during non rainy days we're moving down by the gypsy camp because there isn't any music to compete with down there at that time and it is really helpful for anyone who is dancing just before it (like me!)

So it is all good now! :D

Lady_Claira

Huzzah for a sunny and warm weekend! This is going to be incredibly awesome. HUZZAH!

Jayde

huzzah so to the point that I am going to be wearing something today that I have never dared wear before lol
IWG# 2277

Frederic

Quote from: Lady_Claira on October 09, 2009, 07:54:30 PM
Huzzah for a sunny and warm weekend! This is going to be incredibly awesome. HUZZAH!

I don't know there, Lady Claira - the weather reports I seeing do say lots of sun, but cooler temps -Sunday is supposed to have a high of only 60 - In other words, a good, crisp fall New England day.  If you and Jayde plan on wearing anything off the shoulders, I'd recommend a cloak or a shawl. 

I'll be there Sunday.  Fall foliage should be pretty good, and at least we wont be dodging raindrops.

Lady_Claira

Haha Frederic. I have a costume supplied to me, so I'm wearing the same thing as always. Though it was cold today, but I happily have my new half moon cloak. Soooo warm....

oignuc

after such a long wait and such anticipation , this is the last weekend  :(

Jayde

IWG# 2277

oignuc

don't cry , then I'll start too .