News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Illinois Renaissance Festival

Started by Gracie OMalley, March 07, 2009, 05:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gracie OMalley

New 2009 dates for the Illinois Renaissance Festival
Illinois Renaissance Festival
Ellsworth Park, Danville IL
August 29th 11 am - 7 pm
August 30th 11 am - 6 pm

Now Accepting applications for merchants and vendors.
Contact:  JoMarie Dugan illinirenfaire@yahoo.com or apply thru our website at
www.illinoisrenfaire.com

mollymishap

Hi, all!

The 2009 Illinois Renaissance Festival is due to open on August 29th!    

In anticipation for the questions that are likely to arise once the show opens, I think it best to let you all know that you won't be seeing me at the festival this year--as those of you who have attended know, I have been playing Queen Elizabeth at this show since it started, but this year the festival has had to make some changes due to the economy, decreased sponsorship funds, etc. which unfortunately (for me!) includes not flying me over to play Queen this year.  

I've been in touch with the owner and the plan she came up with is to put on the show using local talent (vs. skip a year, which had also been an option) to keep expenses down.  As such, a local guy is going to be playing Henry VIII this year.

Hopefully, by keeping a VERY tight hand on the budget, the festival will be able to put some funds by towards next years' performers and so be able to bring back non-local talent (like me) in addition to all the talented local folks who will be there this year.

In the end, it comes down to this: PLEASE GO TO THE SHOW, SAVE some $ so that you can support the local merchants who will be there, and make it possible for the festival to continue to exist.

Regardless of who the monarch is or who the other acts are, the main point is to just plain HAVE an outlet for our fantasies and a way to escape this mundane existence for a time--this show and many others like it need all the support we can provide--and in return, they will be able to continue to give back to us in the form of countless memories and a richer life.

Anyway, so that's the deal.  I certainly hope I can see you all again at the Faire, but until I can, I say:

LONG LIVE THE KING!

(...so who's going?)

mollymishap

...so who went?  I hope a good time was had by all.  Does anyone have any pictures to share? 

Emerald Shaunassey

The Ladies of the Salty Kiss made a return trip to Danville this year and had a wonderful time.  Last word I had from Lord Marrock; goals were met and things turned out for the better.  There where double the vendors as in years past and we had 15+ stage shows/performers.  We've been asked to come back next year and are looking forward to the return trip.  His Majesty is bloody wonderful but Her Majesty, QE1 was missed.

Until next year!

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

Maeve McMayhem

I can't believe I'm just now seeing this!  Misplaced Laces also made an appearance!  It was much bigger than we had expected and we were both pleased at the turn out!  Being our first year there, we had nothing to compare it to as far as past-shows go.  But we had a fabulous time and met some -awesome- people!

We are counting down til next year!
"Castleteer"
IWG #3771
1/2 of Misplaced Laces