News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Des Moines Renaissance Faire

Started by Celtic Lady, June 26, 2009, 06:29:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keno

Well I'm there each weekend mostly walking around the place and hanging out at the cove or the faries.  You can't miss me, I'm wearing a brown loose corset style top and brown pants, let not also forget the fox tails on my left hip and packs.  I'm there from 10 to 6. 
This years travels 2013

Performing
Travelers Cross Faire in Strang, Oklahoma

Vending
Iowa Renaissance Festival in Amana Colonies, Iowa
Iowa-Minnesota Pirate Festival in Clear Lake, Iowa
Des Moines Renaissance Faire in Des Moines, iowa

Rowan MacD

We had a lot of fun Sunday and Monday! Our Scotty puppy charmed both Ladies and Lords alike, as he was free with wet kisses and cuddles.
  Sir Clisto! It was an honor to finally make your acquaintance!  It was most gracious of you to pose with our pup for a photo op.  
  Lady Keno, I do think I saw you near the Brad Nelson memorial a time or two...my husband's nieces and nephew kept me busy the entire time on Saturday, but we did make it over to see the tree house (it's getting prettier each year).
  It does not look like David and I will be able to attend again this year (boo).  David has a Celtic festival to set up for next weekend in South Dakota and then we will be getting ready for the western festival in Papillion on the 26-27.    If anyone can get down here for that, let me. know.
  ~Rowen MacD

Photos to post soon, if not here then at my Facebook page....

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Keno

You could of, I was still getting back into the swing of things so I wasn't paying as much attention as I should of.. 
This years travels 2013

Performing

Vending

Lord Clisto of York

Quote from: Rowen MacD on September 08, 2009, 02:19:34 PM
 We had a lot of fun Sunday and Monday! Our Scotty puppy charmed both Ladies and Lords alike, as he was free with wet kisses and cuddles.
  Sir Clisto! It was an honor to finally make your acquaintance!  It was most gracious of you to pose with our pup for a photo op.  
  Lady Keno, I do think I saw you near the Brad Nelson memorial a time or two...my husband's nieces and nephew kept me busy the entire time on Saturday, but we did make it over to see the tree house (it's getting prettier each year).
  It does not look like David and I will be able to attend again this year (boo).  David has a Celtic festival to set up for next weekend in South Dakota and then we will be getting ready for the western festival in Papillion on the 26-27.    If anyone can get down here for that, let me. know.
  ~Rowen MacD

Photos to post soon, if not here then at my Facebook page....

Rowen,

It was a real pleasure to meet you and the family as well. The puppy was indeed a great success with everyone, and, seemed to enjoy all the attention. If there was any way at all to get in the queens favor, that was it. Sorry I kind of "wisked the pup away" for that moment. Even us nobles need to schmooze at times. It doesn't hurt, you know. LOL... I hope you enjoy your coming weekends activities. It would be nice to see everyone again soon.

To everyone else,

On another note, it was also a grand weekend with weather to have been the best. It was nice meeting everyone that showed up. I was not there for court on Monday, having pressing matters to attend to back in York, but am there for the rest of the run. So, I hope to see everyone there once again. It was such a great time. I will be posting pictures in the next two days from opening weekend. Stay tuned for my update when they will be available for viewing.

Lord Clisto, Duke of York
Invictus Maneo - I Remain Unvanquished

Lord Clisto of York

Hail everyone,

I just finished putting up my Des Moines Renaissance Faire pictures from opening weekend this past weekend 9/5-6/09. Was it ever a great time once again working with these good friends of mine in the court as well as seeing everyone else at the faire. The weather was excellent in the low 80's. For anyone interested, just follow the link below. Then click on the Des Moines link once there.

This coming weekend I travel back to Des Moines for week 2 and with a new piece of garb. Hopefully it comes by Friday. There are also suppose to be a few other Bristol people showing up as well. It should be a wondrous weekend. Let's pray the weather stays just as good. So, if anyone is going to be there, just send me a message and let me know.

Have a super week,
Lord Clisto, Duke of York

Keno

This years travels 2013

Performing

Vending

Bev the Bossy

I enjoyed the photos, too.  :)

It is hard to get out and get photos taken when manning a shop and demonstrating...So I always enjoy seeing what others have taken. 
HUZZAH~!

"We must be the change we wish to see in the world." M. Gandhi

Lord Clisto of York

Thank you very much. I am glad I get to take them while on court. It helps promote everything there for everyone, as well as being fun.

Lord Clisto of York

Who will all be here this second weekend? I am leaving in the afternoon to get there later Friday night.

Lady Rosalind

Quote from: Gauwyn of Brocknell on September 07, 2009, 09:20:08 AM
we are planning to be there next Sunday - if anyone would like to meet up, give us a place and time (one of those that knows the faire would be good).  We have done this at other faires and it is nice to meet the forum members.

The feasting hall is a pretty recognizable location, as it is smack at the end of main street! I hope to see you there! (I'm the lady in waiting with the Red Dress and gold sleeves/forepart.)

Celtic Lady

Sir Morgan and I will be there on Sunday. Not sure if we will be in garb or not.

Lord Clisto of York

Excellent, cant wait to see you guys again this season

Lady Rosalind

Another wonderful day again today! And the best part is... no rain today, and none in the forecast for tomorrow either!!!!! Hope to see folks out there! And thank you again to Sir Clisto for helping during the Fashion Show!

Lord Clisto of York

You are welcome good lady. It is fun  to do. But, you and lady Isabella do a fantastic job with that program in educating everyone on the fashion and dress. I always enjoy it. It was funny since I had one gentleman in the audience that told me at the end "you were this close to getting away at the end". He was laughing and on my side. LOL... But in all honesty, I like what everyone does and the work they put in to everything to make it all come together. So, I want to thank you as well. And I am Looking ahead to tomorrow, Sunday. I have to agree it was another great day in general. Humidity was up just a bit, but all in all nice.

So, is anyone else going to be heading out for a visit?

Keno

Sunday was pretty fun, long but fun.  I had half of the crew gone cause of some mishaps but I love that the youngest found a good friend her age.  Did some swordfighting and babysitting for some old ren friends.  I got another piece of clothes to make this week before the next weekend comes.
This years travels 2013

Performing

Vending