News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

The Existence of Fae Folk

Started by Poldugarian Warrior, August 03, 2008, 06:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas_MacPherson

I've seen and heard some wierd stuff. Stuff coming over a ghost box for example. So, to the question of do fae folk exist? I would have to say, why not?

And from a small business owner who sells fae figurines, among other items, I know they exist...visibly? Maybe not, but within our hearts and souls, yes, absolutely.

Poldugarian Warrior

I like to believe like you Gentlemanprivateer. They do exist even if not in our world, but maybe in another or just in our imaginations and that's exactly where all mythical creatures should exist. But, could you imagine if we ever did find fossils or actual living beings of these folk or other creatures, they'd really have to re-write the history books then. And it'd be awesome.

Jonas_MacPherson

It certainly would be.  And like scienists admit, we've only explored a small amount of the planet's surface. So, who knows what'll be discovered in the next century.

Poldugarian Warrior

I was watching a show on National Geographic once and it showed on a map of the world all the places unexplored and it truly is amazing even with all the technology we have to reach these deep forests, mountains, and caves, and all the deeps of the oceans, we have still not managed to explore it all, will we ever is the question, and I think we will, but by that time all of our myths and legends will have lost their power to enthrall new audiences, and imagination will no longer be an outlet for recreation, but used by a more powerful government to bend the will of the people to its own purposes. I'm thinking the worst, but hoping the best, but it looks like this is our future if things don't change soon.

coleenr

People look at me like I'm crazy when I confess to genuinely believing in faeries.

I don't claim to have ever seen one though, but like they say, "Seeing isn't believing," whoever "they" are, haha.  I guess I just have this feeling, or intuition about them.

Dracconia

I beileve in the fae...

But I am a werid kid :P
PR ~Faire Daughter~
Shake-N-Bake

Tammy

I believe in the Fae, in Unicorns, Dragons, Gnomes, and other *so called* mythical beings like the perfect man ;) .
Seriously, I believe they do exist, but on another plane of existence...and at special times the veil between these two worlds allow them to cross over, or for us to catch a glimpse of them.
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Poldugarian Warrior

I'd like to believe to put it into scientific perspective that at one time they all existed, and unfortunately died out. And so I think it will be of us, and people in the future may think that our races,and species of animals never existed because they seem fantastical. If you study our creatures and peoples of today there are many things they can do that are almost sci-fi or seem strange in a sense, but because we've coexisted with them for so long we take their qualities and differences for granted. But, you ever look off into some large patch of wood in the distance or just near a highway or a small lake out in the distance, what could be in those woods or lakes. There could be the faes home, or any other mystical being, and if not it's fun to wonder and come up with legends.

Tammy

Well, I believe that at one time they did exist here with us, and that as time went on, things changed and they found shelter and safety elsewhere.

I mean think about it...if little faeries were abundant...how many little girls wouldn't die to have one? How many of those little girls would treat them as just another doll?? They would be mistreated, not intentionally I'd hope...but they would soon be an endangered species...so being magical, it makes sense that they've found a safer existence.
Royal Protector of Raccoons, Mistress of the Poi, Best Friend of Windland/Nim, Guppy, Seamstress for The Feisty Lady.

Alphonse

Being a wizard, I am a little more familiar with the mystic and magical aspects of nature, then are most people. While one can not necessarily prove scientifically the existence of the Fae neither can they disprove it. Which is all one needs if they are truly looking for a reason to believe in them...of course some people will never believe. In fact they are often the sort of people who don't believe in wizards... ;D

Poldugarian Warrior

Yes, even though I'm most skeptic, there is a true part of me that wishes that somewhere all of this exists. I mean there are so many charlatans that give the genuine discoverer of such unique beings a bad name and so they too are discounted as seeing things. Yet, I myself have seen and heard things in the night and day in the woods that can't be explained. nd most were call me crazy, but I know what I heard and believe and there is somethin out there.

Poldugarian Warrior

Tammy I like your idea of little girls wanting fairies as dolls, heck I wouldn't mind having one as a friend he/she could be like Tinkerbell and give me warning and bring me another ale, yet I would treat him/her with respect due a magical being. But, yes like so many beautiful creatures and powerful beasts on this planet their numbers have dwindled due to their being wanted by evryone and being mistreated. So yes, they could've just went into hiding like many animals we thought were extinct in the seas are being discovered when typhoons come in and think about the Silver backed Gorilla only found decades ago.

Tammy

Alphonse...I'm no wizard, but as my faith is nature based...I too am familiar with the mystical and magical aspects of nature.

Poldugarian Warrior...I've seen things that most people would say don't exist. I know what I saw, and what I've felt.

And, really...what's the harm in believing in a little magic anyway??  ;) ;)

*edited for spelling errors...I hate those!!