YeOldeRF

Author Topic: Terrified Here  (Read 5171 times)

Offline Pascal

• R/F.com Member
  • Cheesemaker with aspirations
    • Sewing Machines and Sewing Projects
Re: Terrified Here
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2008, 09:29:45 AM »
Sometimes I can just figure it out by pinning what I think they are talking about and going from there. 

Sometimes no matter how simple the wording is I still end up with a "huh?" until I see a picture. 

Same here.  I normally accept that my first attempt will be a wadder because I sometimes can't figure out what the directions mean until I go ahead and do them.  THEN I realize "Oh, they really meant to do this the other way" or "Oh, that "right" side" or "Ah, sleeves don't go backwards very well".

It gets kind of silly, because once the errors get bad enough, I don't rip them out and correct them, but I'll go ahead and finish the garment to try and find other "gotcha's".  I'll end up with things looking really ridiculous, but it works out because I've found all the snags.

It's a good idea to make a note on the pattern directions when you figure out what they "really" mean.  Sometimes you can't get back to the pattern right away and you may have to rediscover the potential errors all over again.

Web hosting provided by www.RangeHosting.us
YeOldeRF