News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I think we need a little non-period, non-H/A, fantasy/fairwear love!

Started by gem, June 30, 2009, 12:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gem

So cute! Love the apron and those red shoes especially!  I'll keep my eye out for you this weekend.

gypsylakat

My new damn it's too hot out garb... of course it's going to be be a very mild season this year... -_- can't decide if I want to add skirt hikes or not... my bff has the same dress in a different color (but of course she's my twiggy vegetarian friend so she wears it COMPELTELY different) really wants me to add hikes... she's got the legs for it :)
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

robert of armstrong

Quote from: Rowen MacD on August 10, 2010, 09:05:23 PM

Steampunks-prepare to drool.  This is soooo darn cute!
http://www.bytheswordinc.com/p-6824-clockwork-bra-39-200.aspx

Although not into Steampunk myself, I having a couple lady friends that are, and that bra is awesome!!  THey would love it!!  But, did you notice that it was just the bra that was $179?  The corset that she is wearing in the picture with the bra is not included, but can be had for an additional $449.  Dirty pool, I thought the whole ensemble was $179.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

LadyShadow

Nice job Gypsylakat.  Did you use a pattern?  I also love the fabric you choose.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

gypsylakat

Purchased... BFF wanted me to have the SAME one... later Halloween plans await.
"A kiss can be a comma, a question mark or an exclamation point.
That's basic spelling that every woman ought to know."

Rowan MacD

Quote from: robert of armstrong on September 15, 2010, 07:35:56 AM

Although not into Steampunk myself, I having a couple lady friends that are, and that bra is awesome!!  THey would love it!!  But, did you notice that it was just the bra that was $179?  The corset that she is wearing in the picture with the bra is not included, but can be had for an additional $449.  Dirty pool, I thought the whole ensemble was $179.
Yeah I noticed, and they don't have any pics with just the bra :-\
They do make it clear the corset is separate, though I think the bra looks odd without it. 
What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

Lady Christina de Pond

Quote from: Rowen MacD on September 15, 2010, 11:47:51 AM
Quote from: robert of armstrong on September 15, 2010, 07:35:56 AM

Yeah I noticed, and they don't have any pics with just the bra :-\
They do make it clear the corset is separate, though I think the bra looks odd without it. 

i agree i think it looks nice together but seperate yeaa no. that riddiculas that they whole thing cost 628 big ones i would considered it for 179 for the whole thing i like it but not for 628
Helmswoman of the Fiesty Lady
Lady Ashley of De Coals
Militissa in the Frati della Beata Gloriosa Vergine Mari

insidiousraven

Here is my boyfriend's new "Huntsman" (Ahem.. Robin Hood) costume.  

gem

arjedrine

Quote from: Tygrkat on June 24, 2010, 02:42:37 PM
When my mom was still with us, she had to use a portable oxygen tank (and didn't think twice about bringing it to Faire!). It was the sort that had a small dolly to wheel it around. We always talked about making a monk's cloak & hood to drape over the tank & dolly, so it looked like a wee monk was part of our party. We never got around to sewing one, but we always got a good chuckle at the idea  :) As she was a transplant recipient, she had to wear a face mask when she was in large, crowded areas, which she got around by wearing a veil with her garb  ;)

Hi, nowadays there is already portable oxygen where you can bring anywhere you want just in case of some emergencies. I am also sick of bringing portable oxygen which is heavy and hurdle to my appointments. But now, I am just glad that they were discovered.

gem

TheAlchemistsStar

Glad to see this thread again.  Thanks to the ebay app on my Android, I spent the past year snagging several Moresca bodices on the cheap.  I now am the proud owner of 2 Khadijas, a Max, a Mega, an Iron Scroll skirt, a Gitana, and 2 Faldas.  I also got a Faerie bodice with shimmer blouse and bloomers for my daughter.  I'm looking forward to the start of MDRF this Saturday, where I will in all likelihood buy more Moresca items to complete my wardrobe. 

On the fantasy side of the house, I'm working on a new steampunk look.  I've lost a significant amount of weight over the past few months so almost all of my Damsel in this Dress bodices no longer fit.  I don't have time to send them off to be taken in right now, unfortunately.  Instead, I'm creating a steampunk bellydance look.  I've been an airship pirate for the past year so now it's time to try something new.  I think the Brute Force Leather steampunk bra will be the perfect item to pull everything together. 
VA
aka "V-The Not Quite So Pure"
IWG #3874
Local 42
OTA- Order of the Two Apples
FOKTOP Member

LAVAGODDESSSS

Alcehmists,

Isn't Damsel great? she takes things in for free when us gals lose weight. It's amazing, the turn around is pretty quick, actually. I always buy mine from her a BIT snug, because I like the gap anyways. Congrats on the weight loss!
Beauty is found in those who take the time to build you up.

LAVAGODDESSSS

Thank you for this thread, it celebrates the whole essence of faire - love for fashion of old and celebration of our achievements.

One thing I'm glad isn't H/A is this: bathing ;)
Beauty is found in those who take the time to build you up.

TheAlchemistsStar

Quote from: LAVAGODDESSSS on August 23, 2011, 12:32:25 PM
Alcehmists,

Isn't Damsel great? she takes things in for free when us gals lose weight. It's amazing, the turn around is pretty quick, actually. I always buy mine from her a BIT snug, because I like the gap anyways. Congrats on the weight loss!

I do love Michelle for so many reasons.  I wasn't sure how long the wait would be since she's still in festival mode but at the same time, I don't want them taken in until I lose a bit more weight (don't want to have them taken in twice).  That being said, I have 18 DitD corsets from collecting so many years, so the vast majority of my garb closet is no longer available to me. 
VA
aka "V-The Not Quite So Pure"
IWG #3874
Local 42
OTA- Order of the Two Apples
FOKTOP Member