News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I think we need a little non-period, non-H/A, fantasy/fairwear love!

Started by gem, June 30, 2009, 12:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandmanvw

VIII

Quote from: mariab4 on November 21, 2009, 09:37:34 AM
Here I am as CAPT Bones, during Halloween Daze at PA Ren Faire.  Yes, that's me and I am still growing my left eyebrow back after taking the prosthetic off! 
Been there before!  Now I slather vaseline over me eyebrows and on the edges o' me beard.
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

bellalye

Well, I don't think it's fairewear, but I would put her squarely in the fantasy section!

Everyone, meet Chai!

(Photo courtesy of photography on the run)

She's a winter spirit, and debuted this weekend at Sherwood Forest Faire.

toodles!

Queen_of_Navarre

for the last Saturday of Sherwood I dug out the pieces of old belly dance costumes from my days at Belly Dance Treasures and put on elf ears for a pure fantasy look. It was cool and comfortable and was a hit with the kids. Yes, I know I am showing too much age for a fairy, but seems like even after a few thousand years they too would show a little wear and tear. * laugh *

Reyna Marguerite Regina d'Navarre
Royal Order of Landsharks #45
Keeper of the Hairless Cats
Artist of Crescent Moon

Baroness de Vale

Imestra

Quote from: Queen_of_Navarre on April 05, 2010, 09:10:01 AM
after a few thousand years they too would show a little wear and tear. * laugh *

AWESOME!! One of the High Ones!
We are all of us in the gutters, but some of us are lookin at the stars

Queen_of_Navarre

LOL Love it, someone who knows the terms.. High One indeed! I do feel at least One Thousand Turns> LOL>
Reyna Marguerite Regina d'Navarre
Royal Order of Landsharks #45
Keeper of the Hairless Cats
Artist of Crescent Moon

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Queen_of_Navarre on April 05, 2010, 09:10:01 AM
for the last Saturday of Sherwood I dug out the pieces of old belly dance costumes from my days at Belly Dance Treasures and put on elf ears for a pure fantasy look. It was cool and comfortable and was a hit with the kids. Yes, I know I am showing too much age for a fairy, but seems like even after a few thousand years they too would show a little wear and tear. * laugh *

Was that you in the patron's pictures of the new Renaissance Magazine?
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

bellevivre

Here's the start to my new Faerie stuff- I'm beading the bodice (yes, it's a moresca) in a bunch of different colors in seed beads just to add shimmer and versatility. The fluffy bits are semi-detachable, so I will make extra sets depending on that day's colors, and then my wings need utter redoing because they are so broken i couldnt even wear them the day pictured...

Playing fae is awesome- so much more ventilation!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

DragonWing

Dragon rider and mage,
(aka Vince)

Trillium

Bell, my fae outfit it made for the heat!!  Isn't wonderful being able to wear less/lighter clothes?!?!?

I am loving all fae love going around!! ;D
Got faerie dust?

Amyj

Here is our "Party Garb for the 2010 Season.  It was made as a joke and I didn't plan on wearing it more than once, but we got a TON of compliments on it (go figure)...
I'm not fat, it's just that a skinny body couldn't hold ALL THIS PERSONALITY! ;)
Historically Accur-ISH

Marietta Graziella

Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

William of Armagh

....... a different look for me...as a woodland elf.....usually my persona is of a mercenary..........latex ears BTW   :)
Mercenary guild
woodland elf
fair companion to lady A., aka "the rogue"
target for that knife throwing act