News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I think we need a little non-period, non-H/A, fantasy/fairwear love!

Started by gem, June 30, 2009, 12:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

William of Armagh

......another woodland elf, 2 years ago---everything homemade.........(this bow was not)
Mercenary guild
woodland elf
fair companion to lady A., aka "the rogue"
target for that knife throwing act

William of Armagh

......this outfit was put together by my lady friend and I, our friend wanted an " eastern " fantasy look.
...... for travelling with her  " ambassador " mate :)
Mercenary guild
woodland elf
fair companion to lady A., aka "the rogue"
target for that knife throwing act

Capt. Morgan

Quote from: VIII on November 12, 2009, 11:51:42 AM
Into the Way-back machine to TRF!
Set phasers to DRINK!

I remember being at MDRF for "DOW" (Day of Wrong) and having a group of Trekkies walking around the Faire looking at others in Ren. Garb then touching their communicator buttons and saying "Computer...end program"...*snerk*
I can be one of those "bad things" that happen to bad people.

RumbaRue

I did period correct....in another lifetime....

Here's a picture of my first fantasy pirate. People called it the 'birthday cake' outfit. LOL!

Since I have to use a scooter to get around since I can't walk very much, there is no way I can present myself a historically correct and instead call myself, hysterically correct. When I park the scooter, it becomes a photo op! LOL!!!

Being Blond means I have the right to walk into any wall.

gem

Rue, your garb is FABULOUS! Love the layer cake dress, but your rust bodice ensemble is my favorite.

I noticed that Costume College this year is presenting a lecture called "Work Around it! Ideas on how to indulge a love of costuming despite modern glasses, scooters, wheelchairs and other accoutrements."

http://www.costumecollege.org/CoCo_classes.html

Tygrkat

When my mom was still with us, she had to use a portable oxygen tank (and didn't think twice about bringing it to Faire!). It was the sort that had a small dolly to wheel it around. We always talked about making a monk's cloak & hood to drape over the tank & dolly, so it looked like a wee monk was part of our party. We never got around to sewing one, but we always got a good chuckle at the idea  :) As she was a transplant recipient, she had to wear a face mask when she was in large, crowded areas, which she got around by wearing a veil with her garb  ;)
50% Endora, 50% Aunt Clara.

Lady Renee Buchanan

I posted these in the Bristol Thread, but here is my new Moresca garb.  I call it "Frou Frou."  I think they mention that in their website.  I bought it in Texas at Rendezvous, with the help of wildthingjew and Miss Katie Scarlett, who saw me try on tons of garb, and when they saw this, they both said "that one!"

Anyway, it's nowhere near H/A, but I got more compliments yesterday on this garb than anything I own except for my noble garb from Lady Kathleen!  My friend Carol saw this fabric in Madison, WI and thought it would make a great chemise and bloomers, so she bought it for me as a gift, and my friend Jeanne sewed up the bloomers and chemise, using lace she had dyed for another project but which matched perfectly.

I bought the feather headpiece at Bristol yesterday.  You can't tell from the pictures too well, but the feather colors match almost exactly to the colors in the garb.  When my husband saw it, he called me a Feather brain, laughing as he paid for it, so it's all good!

I love my Moresca!!

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

gem

Lady R, that is *adorable!*  And it's fun to see you in totally different colors than you usually wear, as well.

Lady Renee Buchanan

Thank you, ladies.  I wear lots of blue in "real" life, but for some reason, most of my faire garb ends up in shades of green.  So I'm glad I saw this and tried it on.  Of course, now I'm a Moresca-holic and am starting to think about the next one (not gonna happen for a LONG time, though!).
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Lady Kathleen of Olmsted

Lady Renee! You and Steven look so wonderful!!!

I love that bag with the face on it!!! Some day.
"As with Art as in Life, nothing succeeds like excess.".....Oscar Wilde

Queen Bonnie

Great picture Lady Renee! You both look WONDERFUL!!! Welcome to the world of Moresca- holics! LOL.
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on July 15, 2010, 02:40:47 PM
Great picture Lady Renee! You both look WONDERFUL!!! Welcome to the world of Moresca- holics! LOL.

Thank you.    ;D

Queen Bonnie, you, Athena, and Lady Nicolette were my inspiration!  I love all of your Morescas.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Rowan MacD

Quote from: Lady Renee Buchanan on July 12, 2010, 11:14:00 AM
I posted these in the Bristol Thread, but here is my new Moresca garb.  I call it "Frou Frou."  I think they mention that in their website.  I bought it in Texas at Rendezvous, with the help of wildthingjew and Miss Katie Scarlett, who saw me try on tons of garb, and when they saw this, they both said "that one!"

I bought the feather headpiece at Bristol yesterday.  You can't tell from the pictures too well, but the feather colors match almost exactly to the colors in the garb.  When my husband saw it, he called me a Feather brain, laughing as he paid for it, so it's all good!

I love my Moresca!!

You look wonderful, I love that outfit in the blue, and the feathers are perfect.
I've seen the Cleo (frou frou) outfit in person and the pictures on the Moresca site don't do it justice, it's just plain fairytale!  And no two are alike!

I Love Moresca too-I'm in final negotiations (to the tune of about $420. goodbye bonus ;D) for a new outfittio for this season right now!

Max 2 bodice in bluegreen center panel & vine brocade on the back and sides, a Brocade skirt (in the dark blue/green back ground with a tan vine pattern to match the bodice panels) and 1-Blue-green Falda underskirt.  Not remotely HA, but sort of a pseudo-tudor look.  
 I still need a lace edged blouse to finish it, and a visit to Fyne Hats by Felicity on my next faire run.

Unfortunatly you won't find the bodice pics on the site-This is a variation to an existing pattern.

I have a Likely Lotus velveteen Massys dress in blue-32-34' waist that I have used exactly twice-cost me 220$  The dragging train makes it impractical for faire wear so I have only worn it to SCA 12th nights.  The upside is it's MACHINE WASHABLE.
I will probably sell it soon.   It takes up too much space.  
http://www.likelylotusblue.com/shopindex.html

What doesn't kill me-had better run.
IWG wench #3139 
19.7% FaireFolk pure-80.3% FaireFolk corrupt

flidais

I am all about faire wear this year.  Big ruffly skirt...compleatly non H/A bodices....no cauls (eeeks)...my leather belt with all my favorite things hanging off it....crazy jewelry...whatever makes me happy.  I have been trying to find some sort of fantastical persona to go with it.  Maybe be some sort of wild child of the forest.  hmmmm

For the last few years I have been so obsessed with learning about and making H/A garb that I am soooo freakin' excited to just not care this year.  weeeeee!!!

Trillium

perhaps you should finally let you elvin side out to play?  ;D
Got faerie dust?