News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

I think we need a little non-period, non-H/A, fantasy/fairwear love!

Started by gem, June 30, 2009, 12:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldatari

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on July 15, 2010, 02:40:47 PM
Great picture Lady Renee! You both look WONDERFUL!!! Welcome to the world of Moresca- holics! LOL.

I LOVE Moresca bodices!  They are the only ones that fit right and are comfortable.  I have tried on bodices at several other booths and they hurt my back.  I bought my first one at TRF last Thanksgiving weekend and am thinking about ordering 2 more.

flidais

Quote from: Trillium on July 29, 2010, 05:48:30 PM
perhaps you should finally let you elvin side out to play?  ;D

;D
Trillium you just put a huge smile on my face.  My elven side hasn't been out for a really long time.  Thanks for remembering and reminding me how much I used to love that.

Trillium

the story may have disappeared but the memories are still there!! ;D ;)
Got faerie dust?

Queen Bonnie

AHHH! The Story and memories!
Wild child of the forest is a great character. Huzzah for our elven sides!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

flidais

Oh fond fond memories of the old stories.  awww!   :D
Found and cleaned up the ol' elf ears today.  The elf is getting ready to be released!!  hehehehe

Queen Bonnie

Release the Elf!!! Huzzah--- and the crowd goes wild! LOL!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

TheAlchemistsStar

I'm so glad to hear that Moresca has such a great reputation.  I've been coveting a Moresca bodice for about a year but wanted to wait until Faire started to get a fitting in person.  I'm very tall and have a long torso so I've only ever worn Damsel in this Dress corsets.  I love DitD but I want to try out Moresca since they'll be at MDRF and I'll be able to try out a few different styles in one visit.  I'm leaning towards the Max 2 and Mega and I love their new Gitana skirt.  It's not H/A at all but it all looks so cool!  Now, I'm just wondering how much money I should set aside for a complete look...
VA
aka "V-The Not Quite So Pure"
IWG #3874
Local 42
OTA- Order of the Two Apples
FOKTOP Member

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: TheAlchemistsStar on August 07, 2010, 03:22:57 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Moresca has such a great reputation.  I've been coveting a Moresca bodice for about a year but wanted to wait until Faire started to get a fitting in person.  I'm very tall and have a long torso so I've only ever worn Damsel in this Dress corsets.  I love DitD but I want to try out Moresca since they'll be at MDRF and I'll be able to try out a few different styles in one visit.  I'm leaning towards the Max 2 and Mega and I love their new Gitana skirt.  It's not H/A at all but it all looks so cool!  Now, I'm just wondering how much money I should set aside for a complete look...

between $300 to $500, depending on what you finally decide and how much you want to accessorize.  Worth every penny!  It's probably a good thing they don't come to any faires close to me.  ;D
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Lady Neysa

Quote from: Rowen MacD on July 16, 2010, 12:41:27 PM
 You look wonderful, I love that outfit in the blue, and the feathers are perfect.
I've seen the Cleo (frou frou) outfit in person and the pictures on the Moresca site don't do it justice, it's just plain fairytale!  And no two are alike!

You do look wonderful Lady Renee! 
We at MD are lucky to have Moresca!  You're right Rowen MacD, pictures don't do this outfit justice. It is stunning in person.  I think you all have convinced me, whenever I do get to buy a new bodice, I think I'll have to go with Moresca, so I can actually try them on. 

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Lady Neysa on August 08, 2010, 10:41:51 AM
Quote from: Rowen MacD on July 16, 2010, 12:41:27 PM
 You look wonderful, I love that outfit in the blue, and the feathers are perfect.
I've seen the Cleo (frou frou) outfit in person and the pictures on the Moresca site don't do it justice, it's just plain fairytale!  And no two are alike!

You do look wonderful Lady Renee! 
We at MD are lucky to have Moresca!  You're right Rowen MacD, pictures don't do this outfit justice. It is stunning in person.  I think you all have convinced me, whenever I do get to buy a new bodice, I think I'll have to go with Moresca, so I can actually try them on. 

Their customer service was excellent.  I feel that the salespeople they hire know that a patron will drop big bucks on their garb, so they don't rush to get you over and done with and get on to the next customer.  The saleslady that helped me was very patient, brought me loads of different things to try on, made some great suggestions, and really worked with me to find exactly what I wanted.  Other salespeople, on passing by, made comments and suggestions, and I felt it was all done to make me happy, not so they could sell something and then sell someone else something.  And it was funny, I bought something totally different than what I went in for (Max 2 bodice), but I found something I fell in love with.

And from all the good reactions that we've seen here and how everyone recommends them, I think their salesmanship and service is fantastic.  After all, we are great advertisements for them by wearing their garb, and I found they worked very hard to find me something I am proud to wear.

A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Welsh Wench

I am seriously considering the pirate bodice from Moresca but alas, they do not do the faires I am at.

How is the fit for someone who is small through the shoulders, small in the waist but has an abundance of...hello!
Show me your tan lines..and I'll show you mine!

I just want to be Layla.....

Anna Iram

WW, they are wonderfully adjustable as they have front and back lacings, but I'd be sure to check the length of the bodice (under arm to waist) with them online before you order as it might possibly run long for you. Not sure, just a thought.

eldatari

The shoulder straps sometimes have a habit of slipping down, but a friend told me a trick that she uses.  The shoulder straps tie on in the front and the back so what she does is cross them in the back and tie them on the other side.  I can't say myself how well this works as I have not tried it yet.

I too will attest to their wonderful service.  I bought my first max bodice last year at TRF.  When I went in and she was picking out a size for me I told her I was in the process of losing weight so I wanted something I could wear now but would still fit after I lost some weight.  She suggested a size and laced me up into one.  But upon getting it on it was just too tight and wasn't going to work.  I asked if I could try the next size up.  She was more than happy to lace me up a second time.  Some shops rush you through putting one on much less two!  I will say the one thing I was disappointed in was the selection in large.  They had an abundance of choices for small but less so in large.  This was a little later in the run of fair so it could have been that they started out with more and that was all that was left.

WW, their online customer service is terrific as well.  I am in the process of trying to decide on another max bodice.  They have been very patient about all of my questions about different swatches they have online.  We have been emailing back and forth.  They are very helpful.

I wonder if we can get a discount for all of our glowing recommendations?   ;D

Marietta Graziella

I noticed that the shoulders seem wide... my straps are always slipping down which is why I never wear that *coughexpensivecough* bodice.
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

Nighthawk

Fantasy/Non H/A fairewear...  just finished making this for my son:

Nowhere near historically accurate, but hey- it's cool!!