News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Stronghold Olde English Faire

Started by Dayna, September 04, 2008, 04:24:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dustin

Change in plans...we'll be there on Sunday.
If love be rough with you, be rough with love;
Prick love for pricking, and you beat love down. Romeo & Juliet, 1.IV

Dayna

Renee, I'm with the Celts, we have a tent, and a fire, and two furry little radiators named Nixie and Gremlin.  Look for us in the flats below the castle.

Dayna
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench
Education Goddess...yeah, right
FoF Merchant Liason/Merchandizing Maven

Lady Renee Buchanan

Had a completely wonderful time today at Stronghold.  It was great to see unilady and friends, both human and furry.  And Dustin and Cheri, and Merry Measure and lots of our Bristol friends.

We didn't take a camera, so I hope Dustin will post his pictures (I know he took them cause he took one of the 4 of us -- unilady was out wandering with her pup when we went to her booth to take the picture).
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich

Dustin

Ahh... 'twas fun times indeed.

Here are Cheri, myself, Lady Renee and Lord Stephen:

More pictures here!

Dayna

Big Bump!!!!

Come join us again October 3rd and 4th, 2009!!!
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

Lady Renee Buchanan

Advertisement!  Advertisement!  Advertisement!

For anyone in the Illinois/Iowa/Southern Wisconsin/Western Indiana area (and those from afar, too):  This is one of the most fun small faires in the area.  There are a lot of performers from Bristol, so you get top-notch entertainment, but due to the smaller venue, it is much more laid-back and relaxed.  You will also find a lot more interaction with the cast and musicians here, too.  It's almost like you were sitting in a friend's back yard and people started jamming.

But the quality of the shows and the merchants is first rate, even though the faire is small, that doesn't mean it's honkey tonkey.  It's definitely worth a trip.

Thanks, Dayna, for bumping up this thread.   If anyone shows up, you can't help but running into everyone else, so make sure to come up and introduce yourself!  ;D
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Margrett

I'll be there again this year as well.

Margrett

Lady Renee Buchanan

Margrett, will you be there as a patron or a worker?  You, unilady (Dayna), and I should definitely try to meet.  I will be there on Saturday with "the girls," and then again on Sunday with my husband, and another couple.

It's not a big faire, so we should run into each other, but it will be nice to meet and spend a few minutes with each other.
A real Surf Diva
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 

Margrett

I will be there as a patron. If my new gown is done by then, I'll wear that (terra cotta brocade). But it probably won't be done as I am also working on a steampunk outfit for Windycon so can't focus on just the new gown. I'll post what I'll be wearing before that weekend.

Margrett

Dayna

I'm there as a participant with the Celts, so I'll be down the hill on the right.  Look for the wee chihuahuas, or if it's terribly cold look for the people with the lumpy laps because we'll be using the chihuahuas as hand-warmers.   LOL
Dayna Thomas
Nixie's Mom
Bristol FoF Hench

Dustin