News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Lat Minute Carbonleaf / Princes Bride details (tonight)

Started by Radu the Gypsy, June 30, 2009, 04:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Radu the Gypsy

Didn't even occur to me to post this.  Tonight, the band Carbonleaf (Celtic Rock with a folksie twang) opens the show at Redrocks at 6:45, followed at 9 by the movie Princes Bride on the Huge Screen.  For those who've never seen Carbonleaf, they are a fantastic show, with lots of energy and amazing musical talent (Carbonleaf.com to hear some of their stuff).

For those who've not seen Princes Bride...

...Have you been living under a rock?

Princess Alice

wait, so the Princess Bride is playing AT Red Rocks?  and how much are tickets?
Real Men Eat Fish.

Saber

For the record, Carbonleaf is AWESOME!!!! 

I would plunder a thousand ships to be in town tonight to catch this show.

Sad panda.

Radu the Gypsy

Sorry folks, I posted this pretty much as I was on my way out the door.

Yes, Carbonleaf was fantastic, though I think 3/4 of the crowd was there for the movie, so they didnt have quite the call and response they were looking for.  Still, fantastic show.

And Saber, you'll be happy to know they will be playing Boulder Sept 23rd and Denver Sept 25.  That will make shows 4 and 5 in colorado this year (they are playing Telluride tomorrow night...almost temped to make the 6 hour drive).  I think they love Colorado.

Oh, and Princes Bride was good too.  There is nothing quite like hearing 9000 people chant in unison "Hello.  My name is Enigo Montoya.  You Killed my Father.  Prepare to Die!"  Damn near gave me chills.

CapnJack

"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain