News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Hair

Started by Aelynn of Georgina, July 01, 2009, 12:45:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aelynn of Georgina

Not too long ago I cut my hair really short.  Now I don't know what to do with it for the faire?  I don't have a hat or anything to wear on my head. Any suggestions for anything else I can do?

*smiles*

gem

There's a good thread on this topic here.

Aelynn of Georgina

Merlin

Anál nathrach- Breath of serpent
Orth' bháis 's bethad- Spell of death and of life
Do chél dénmha- Thy omen of making

Anna Iram

Don't listen to Merlin...he thinks we should all go about shaving our heads like him.  ;D

Celtic Lady

So does Sleepy Archer according to the thread that Gem posted.

Aelynn of Georgina

I've always warned my husband that one day I am going to shave my head... just to try it.  ;D I don't think he believes me though. HAHAHA
Someday, Merlin.  And I will post pics! LOL

Kate XXXXXX

Quote from: Merlin on July 01, 2009, 01:46:34 PM
Shave it....

And paint flowers on!  My dear departed dad's answer to 3 teenaged daughters all having a Bad Hair Day at once!

Genievea Brookstone

LOL that is what my father threatened everytime I changed my hair color as a teen...til one day I said Go ahead, if Sinnad O'Conner can do it, so will I.  That was the last time he said that to me hehehe
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

Rhiannon

I've threatened to shave my head many times during the summer! It's waist-length and can be a major pain in the heat. But then I sure am glad when the winter comes and my hair helps to keep me warm.

Fortunately, our faire is in the fall and it's usually a little on the chilly side when we go, so I can wear it loose without it being too hot for me.

Lorraine

I just went in today and had 13" cut off for locks of love. It wasn't until after when I had the ponytail in my hand that the "oh crap, now what do I do at faire" popped in my head. I'm picturing a french hood with a very dark veil down the back. The hair cut was still very worth it though :)

Lady Renee Buchanan

Quote from: Lorraine on July 03, 2009, 12:07:30 AM
I just went in today and had 13" cut off for locks of love. It wasn't until after when I had the ponytail in my hand that the "oh crap, now what do I do at faire" popped in my head. I'm picturing a french hood with a very dark veil down the back. The hair cut was still very worth it though :)

What a wonderful thing to do!  May the kindness you've shown return to you a hundredfold.  The world needs more people like you.
A real Surf Diva
Landshark who loves water
Chieftesse Surf'n Penny of Clan O'Siodhachain,
Irish Penny Brigade
Giver of Big Hugs 
Member since the beginning of RF
All will be well. St. Julian of Norwich