News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Let The Countdown Begin!

Started by Laird Fraser of Lovatt, July 02, 2009, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

99 and counting.  Time to start the gathering and hording of supplies.  i promised myself that i won't get amped up until the count fell into double digits... TOO LATE!  ;D

Is anyone else jonesing?
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Bonny Pearl

Why does the 99 bottles of beer on the wall song come to mind...  ::)

Huzzah! We are under the triple digits!  ;D

Wish we could say that for this blasted heat!  >:(
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Breandan

GAH!! not enough time! too much to do! *tWiTcH!*
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Breandan on July 02, 2009, 01:30:40 PM

Aye, i will have to agree with you Sir Bard. ;)
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Hercules

Someone at Scarborough told me that TRF was 10X as much fun PLUS they had this thing called the chainmail fashion show....my counter started right then.  ;D
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Breandan

ya know, I have never seen the chainmail fashion show for personal reasons, but if you need to set your countdown timer precisely, I believe it starts right around noon  ;D

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Hercules on July 02, 2009, 02:58:02 PM
Someone at Scarborough told me that TRF was 10X as much fun PLUS they had this thing called the chainmail fashion show....my counter started right then.  ;D

10x?  That's all?  Hercules, you'll bear tales of TRF for the rest of your life.  I'm not kidding... You're coming down for a weekend, correct?   
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Hercules

God willing and the creeks don't rise I'll be there opening weekend and possibly on Halloween.
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

FaeHollow

oh lord! 99 days? I have to get LOTS of stuff and that means I have roughly 50 days to make money so I can buy stuff to have in 80 days to be ready in 99 days! lol
Leigh

Bonny Pearl

Now I can REALLY start countin' down!  Just got our tickets!   ;D ;D

*doin' the happy dance*
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Breandan

lessee... have to get out to the shop on my one day off that I can make it and knock out stock for this year, have to get all of my garb in order, have to finish insulating the living quarters since this winter is going to be brutally punishing, have to get the forge prepped and ready to roll (usually do that in Sept.), and at some point in all of this I have to get surgery... gah! *tWiTcH!*

THELADYKAT

I can't really work on to much more grab just yet I need to pop out the little one first so I can see what size I get down to. I also have to wait for him to get the rest of his stuff together I have to see how big or small he is first. I will have to rush it in August when he is born but I will get it done. I just got his little black kitty ears in the mail I am so happy I can't wait to get is little tail done he will be my little tom cat/kitty.
The Lady Kat.

Love with all your Heart, not just part of it.

ravic

Quote from: Breandan on July 02, 2009, 01:30:40 PM

As a fellow participant, I second that emotion!!!!

Queen Bonnie

I have my tickets! I stole a few from my Evil Twin! Yo Ho!
Now working on alchemy spells to buy the petrol for the MeowMobile each weekend! I WILL be there!
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Queen Bonnie on July 03, 2009, 12:23:48 PM
I have my tickets! I stole a few from my Evil Twin! Yo Ho!
Now working on alchemy spells to buy the petrol for the MeowMobile each weekend! I WILL be there!

Queen Bonnie would you also work on spells to ensure we have oh... I don't know.... average temps in the mid 70's, light, gentle breezes and sunshine for the entire TRF season?!  :P That would be awesome! Many thanks in advance, lol!
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88