News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Let The Countdown Begin!

Started by Laird Fraser of Lovatt, July 02, 2009, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Breandan

*hides raindance materials*

What? :P

*innocent look*
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Just Randall

You get those rain dance materials back out RIGHT NOW!!! It's too damn hot!!
Mediocrity is the refuge of the unimaginative...

Bonny Pearl

Quote from: Breandan on July 03, 2009, 01:32:21 PM
*hides raindance materials*

What? :P

*innocent look*

raindance is GREAT for now!  we really need the rain, but not for faire!  :)
Gypsy Wanderer
Kingdom of Onondaga
Order of the Hatchet
Landshark No.88

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Someone work on a COOL front for All Hallow's... hold the rain but upper 60's would be fine.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

valt

Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on July 03, 2009, 02:21:46 PM
Someone work on a COOL front for All Hallow's... hold the rain but upper 60's would be fine.

With a nice overcast, mostly cloudy.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: valt on July 03, 2009, 02:39:35 PM
Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on July 03, 2009, 02:21:46 PM

With a nice overcast, mostly cloudy.

Can someone give me an AMEN to brother Valt's suggestion!
:D
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

FaeHollow

I AMEN all suggestions... hopefully we can rain dance all the rain out before the season starts? NO IKE this year... no ebil hurricanes.... or ebil November Thanksgiving freezing rain!
Leigh

Breandan

Realistically, barring hurricanes (because holy mother of Mike is the Gulf a cat-5 factory right now if any roll into it), if the projected 30 year weather patterns that started ten years ago hold true, then very hot summers presage very cold winters. This means we all need to start working on fur-lined cloaks for the last few weekends, just in case. That being said, I can say only one thing: 2,500 degree coal... it's warm  ;D

If it does freeze, we will be selling heat by the BTU...  ;)
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

Hercules

Quote from: Breandan on July 04, 2009, 02:28:22 AM
If it does freeze, we will be selling heat by the BTU...  ;)

Prostitution is illegal in Texas........... ;D  :D
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Jack Daw at Work

My kit is pretty much ready.  I suppose that I will polish my claymore and dirk blades, but not until the prior weekend.  I have two new things that I have added to my kit.  A walking stick and my new R/F pin!!!!!
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

tick, tick, tick... 96 to go... tick, tick, tick.  After meeting some of my now fellow McLotofus clansmen/women, at Blue's July 4th party, 96 days are entirely too long.  >:(
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Reaper

Quote from: Jack Daw at Work on July 04, 2009, 08:18:05 AM
My kit is pretty much ready.  I suppose that I will polish my claymore and dirk blades, but not until the prior weekend.  I have two new things that I have added to my kit.  A walking stick and my new R/F pin!!!!!

I really should get my pin. I keep forgetting about it and I have the money in hand. When's the next order going out?
Reaper the Grimm / Trool the Troll
IBRSC #1150 / Ren Merc #858
Clan McLotofus
Enforcer/Sentinel

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Reaper on July 05, 2009, 08:54:15 PM
Quote from: Jack Daw at Work on July 04, 2009, 08:18:05 AM

I really should get my pin. I keep forgetting about it and I have the money in hand. When's the next order going out?

I've been wondering the same thing... oh, Bishop....
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

LadyShadow

Oh I so agree.  When I have extra money at hand, I dont remember.  But the second the money is gone.  But I think I will start setting it aside this time for the next round of orders.
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Riot

Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on July 05, 2009, 06:21:31 PM
tick, tick, tick... 96 to go... tick, tick, tick.  After meeting some of my now fellow McLotofus clansmen/women, at Blue's July 4th party, 96 days are entirely too long.  >:(

Glad you guys had fun! It was great seeing ya at the party! You guys have fun shooting your guns after you left?
"I'm sweet, innocent, virginal, and full of all things goodness and light"