News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Let The Countdown Begin!

Started by Laird Fraser of Lovatt, July 02, 2009, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yrose

Lydster, sorry we only camp AHE. Though we will likely day trip closing one of the days.
Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Yrose

Loki made, jello shots made, plenty of other booze. Still need to do some shopping and pull out the garb. Lots of last minute stuff.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: lydster on October 22, 2017, 12:49:40 AM
Is anyone planning on camping the weekend of Celtic Christmas?  My friend and I are planning on it but it's our first time.

Sorry, Lydster, i meant to respond sooner.  If you go to the "WWW... 2017" thread, you'll see who going to be out there on any given weekend.

This thread might give you some info... http://www.renaissancefestival.com/forums/index.php/topic,26544.0.html
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Looking better...

10/27...68/41...Partly cloudy then R

10/28...63/39...Sunny but chilly

10/29...70/51...Sunny.

HUZZAH!

Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Yrose

Just keep thinking the rain smaller till *poof*

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Yrose on October 23, 2017, 10:52:55 AM
Just keep thinking the rain smaller till *poof*

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'll take a light shower...from about 3am til 4am.

*Pull the blankets in tighter and head for dream land*
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

As it stands...

10/27...68/42...Sun with R(over night)

10/28...60/35...Sun and cool

10/29...64/43...Sun.

The Gods have smiled. ;D
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KiltedPrivateer

Don't know why you trouble yourself this far out. Unforeseen winds from the east could blow the Saharan sands in with triple digits by Friday followed by a blue northern than plunges us into a "Day after Tomorrow" scenario by Saturday.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on October 24, 2017, 09:50:10 AM
Don't know why you trouble yourself this far out. Unforeseen winds from the east could blow the Saharan sands in with triple digits by Friday followed by a blue northern than plunges us into a "Day after Tomorrow" scenario by Saturday.

That actually happened about five years ago...93 when I got there on Thursday and it was 42 by the next morning.
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KiltedPrivateer

I recall a closing weekend where it was probably in the 70's all the way through Thanksgiving dinner. Right after dinner a front blew through and knocked the temps down into the 50's and by lights out it was in the 40's. We woke to a frosty wonderland the next morning.
Lover of Lady Kitara

ragged tiger

Greetings,

The Kilt Troupe will be making our annual trip to TRF Heroes and Villains Weekend (Nov 11-12). We'll also be camping with the Von Trapp Family Swingers. We will have 6-8 total in our group this year, and will be camping in area 1G.

Cheers,
MacLager Johnson
The Piper

the_Kilt_Troupe

KiltedPrivateer

Howdy MacLager. Be sure to post this info in the Who, What, Where thread to be added to the list.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on October 24, 2017, 02:15:51 PM
I recall a closing weekend where it was probably in the 70's all the way through Thanksgiving dinner. Right after dinner a front blew through and knocked the temps down into the 50's and by lights out it was in the 40's. We woke to a frosty wonderland the next morning.

The first Closing Thanksgiving weekend...2007.

I day tripped on Sunday....it was cool before the monsoon hit, then it dropped into the lower 40s/upper 30s, with rain and sleet.

THAT was a great day.  It was just hard core Rennies and a few like myself and wife... we pretty much had the place to ourselves.

That weekend sealed my fate.  I garbed the next year and found R/F around March of 09...and started talking to a crazy woman that went by the name Blue...aka Warcat...aka Nikki, who told me about this group of people that camped out there named McLotofus...and I was so amped, I started the Never Ending Countdown...9 years later...

BTW... 7 HOURS AND 18 MINUTES OF WORK LEFT

WOOT!
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: KiltedPrivateer on October 24, 2017, 03:39:08 PM
Howdy MacLager. Be sure to post this info in the Who, What, Where thread to be added to the list.

Question, KP...what ever happened to Monty?
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God