News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Let The Countdown Begin!

Started by Laird Fraser of Lovatt, July 02, 2009, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Trillium on March 11, 2019, 08:21:33 PM
That's a much better map! We didn't get to camp last year so I didn't get to see an updated one. I've always heard rumors of the drainage ditch but haven't camped on that side.  We plan to this year. I wondered where it was...

You could tell who were the newbies in camp by where they pitched their tents.  A few years back, McShug camped on the high ground, next to the "flood plain" from the ditch.  We tried to warn people that storms were coming, but they didn't listen. :(

Lucky for them it didn't get as bad as the weather idiots predicted.

I remember getting a call from Nikki(aka...War Cat...aka...Blue6666) asking about the storms rolling through the area, back in 2009.  Her and Ace were literally inside their tent, holding onto the walls, to keep from being blown away...and 1774 flooded right before you got to Magnolia...

Then there  was Rennado...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Trillium

Ah yes, I remember those stories!  :o. We tend to cancel our camping if the weather is looking nasty so I've never had to experience anything like that.
Got faerie dust?

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

My brother, Laird Nasty, will be rolling into town for Memorial Day weekend...aka...His break from the wife. ;)

Time to start plotting this year's Loki and maybe make a batch of Nasty Fraser's Loki...Dreamsicle?

Banana Pudding and Mounds Bar are the other two on tap...as well as a first for the clans(to my knowledge).  That being a clan Loki, made on site, AHE...Heath Bar is what we are rolling with, so far.  That may change after our next plotting...err...planning session. ;D

*We ARE only six months out...* :o
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

LadyJessica

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on March 11, 2019, 04:20:38 PM
I was just looking at the TRF campground map...they have the "Drainage Ditch of Doom" clearly marked on it.

https://www.texrenfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/trfcamp.jpg

That kind of takes the fun out of laughing at people as they float away in their tents.... :o ;D

Not completely, they forgot to mark where it runs through main camping area from just SW of the bonfire through area 4 to meet the River of Doom where the 4 corners are at the crossroad at 4 & 5
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

LadyJessica

*Mumbles to herself*  been asking for Dreamsicle for 5+ years

Let me know when dinner is Memorial weekend!
Loki GODDESS
Lady-in-Lacing to QOE
FOKTOP
Director of Social Tourture for the Empire
Gneaitheas Gnomie (DG#290)

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: LadyJessica on March 16, 2019, 09:56:51 PM
Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on March 11, 2019, 04:20:38 PM
I was just looking at the TRF campground map...they have the "Drainage Ditch of Doom" clearly marked on it.

https://www.texrenfest.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/trfcamp.jpg

That kind of takes the fun out of laughing at people as they float away in their tents.... :o ;D

Not completely, they forgot to mark where it runs through main camping area from just SW of the bonfire through area 4 to meet the River of Doom where the 4 corners are at the crossroad at 4 & 5

Y'all are evil....No wonder you are my friends.   A toast to floating people.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Trillium

Looks like discount season passes go on sale April 17 and the Sale of the Century will be May 18.  Mark your calendars!!!  No prices announced yet but be prepared!!!
Got faerie dust?

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Trillium on March 18, 2019, 06:49:13 PM
Looks like discount season passes go on sale April 17 and the Sale of the Century will be May 18.  Mark your calendars!!!  No prices announced yet but be prepared!!!

Thanks, Trillium!

*Now, to make my brother commit to being here.*
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Trillium

You're welcome! The more notice to plan, the better.  I am determined to make out to camp this year!
Got faerie dust?

Zaubon

Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on March 13, 2019, 06:36:14 AM
That's a much better map! We didn't get to camp last year so I didn't get to see an updated one. I've always heard rumors of the drainage ditch but haven't camped on that side.  We plan to this year. I wondered where it was...

You could tell who were the newbies in camp by where they pitched their tents.  A few years back, McShug camped on the high ground, next to the "flood plain" from the ditch.  We tried to warn people that storms were coming, but they didn't listen. :(

I remember getting a call from Nikki(aka...War Cat...aka...Blue6666) asking about the storms rolling through the area, back in 2009.  Her and Ace were literally inside their tent, holding onto the walls, to keep from being blown away...and 1774 flooded right before you got to Magnolia...

I found a way to avoid the flooding. I have a brick tent on top of the hill.

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Zaubon on March 20, 2019, 03:53:27 PM
Quote from: Laird Fraser of Lovatt on March 13, 2019, 06:36:14 AM

I found a way to avoid the flooding. I have a brick tent on top of the hill.

WOW....Z!!  How the hell you doing, my friend?!? :)

It's been a while since you graced us with your presence.

How wags your world?
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Zaubon

I've been keeping my head down and hiding for the most part. lol

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

So...apparently TRF isn't happy with just putting the screws to us inside the place...

Dear campers...bend over, spread your cheeks and smile...
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Trillium

Yep, found this while researching the sale of the century:

Beginning in 2019, camping admission prices will be assessed as follows:

Single cars & trucks/tent campers:

$35 (Gate)/$25 (Online)

Vehicles w/ travel-trailers (excluding goose-neck trailers):

$45 (Gate)/$35 (Online)

Large vehicles & travel trailers (Class A/C, 5th-wheel trailers):

$55 (Gate)/$45 (Online)

Sale of the century will be offering camping passes for $22.62 (includes all fees).  Will be purchasing one of those along with a preferred parking pass to get both trips covered.
Got faerie dust?