News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Let The Countdown Begin!

Started by Laird Fraser of Lovatt, July 02, 2009, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

It's good to hear you had a blast, my friend.  My brother sends his regards and is already planning for next year...God willing and the Creek don't rise...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Trillium

Camping this past weekend was fantastic, if a wee bit cold at night!!  BBRRRRRRRR!!!! 40 degrees is awfully cold in a tent!  It was cool seeing the clans with "official" sections and some build outs.  But...I don't know if it was just because it was so cold at night, it seems that the drum circle is being chased out by Call of Booty's music.  I didn't hear much of any drums all weekend and anytime we passed the bonfire everyone was just standing around trying to stay warm.   :-\
Got faerie dust?

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

As luck would have it, we had a drummer in our camp.

Saturday night was filled with the sounds of tribal beats...it had been too long. :D

Call of Booty is a bit much.  I remember ten years ago three people setting up their tarp rave tent, now it's turned into some type of major production... :(
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KeeperoftheBar

It doesn't really belong here but thank you to all the Veterans that served.  You all gave up a piece of yourself for the rest of us.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Wow...this season is slipping away, pretty quick...
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

KiltedPrivateer

This month has flown by. Already hit the middle, then Thanksgiving, then into December. It's gonna be 2020 before we know it.
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

It's way too quiet here... Where is everyone?? Season isn't even over yet!!!
Got faerie dust?

Lord Argyl of Lochdubh

I agree Trillium . I was hoping to read posts from those that went to faires and to see photos.
We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are---
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

KiltedPrivateer

Unfortunately, not much of that happens here anymore. Occasionally, one of the photographers will post a link to his website. But that seems to be the extent these days. The majority of the activity has migrated to the pool.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

I see they are finally rounding up some of the worst elements in camp...three people were just taken down for dealing meth, acid and GHB out there.

Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Trillium

What?!?!?  Wow!!!   :o. Where did you hear that?
Got faerie dust?

Yrose

Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

KiltedPrivateer

That's been going on for a long time. Part of the reason we don't camp out there anymore. I got tired of the less than desirables, stumbling into my camp looking for drugs and harassing our women folk.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Yrose

That's why we moved so far out and circle the wagons. Seldom have someone we don't know now.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

KiltedPrivateer

Of course that ruins the community. I'm sure we all remember the "Good Ole Days" when walk-abouts were a thing. And visiting all the different groups was how you spent your night. Now its walled off areas, and side glances to make sure someone who wanders in doesn't start trouble.

If the powers-that-be can get TRF camping cleaned up, such that the community can open up, we may consider coming back out. But the rave atmosphere has to go.

SWFF camping is still community based. The walk-about lives on, and road travelers are welcomed around the fires for conversation and a round of drinks. Hopefully we can hold on to that out there, and the stupidity will be remain elsewhere.
Lover of Lady Kitara