News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Let The Countdown Begin!

Started by Laird Fraser of Lovatt, July 02, 2009, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Martin

I am very happy that in these uncertain times, Sherwood and Scarborough have stated they will proceed with operations until further notice.  Stay safe and have fun, my friends!

Yrose

I hope they have a good season. Our coven canceled on Sherwood this year. It broke our hearts, but most of us are either older or have compromised health.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Don't forget to smell the roses, but watch out for the thorns!

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

I hate to hear that, Yrose...

*Stupid virus*
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Sir Martin

Good grief ... I have now heard that Sherwood has cancelled the rest of their season.  My heart goes out to the vendors, performers and patrons.  We will get through this ... let's keep each other in our thoughts and prayers.

KeeperoftheBar

Quote from: Sir Martin on March 17, 2020, 06:20:48 AM
Good grief ... I have now heard that Sherwood has cancelled the rest of their season.  My heart goes out to the vendors, performers and patrons.  We will get through this ... let's keep each other in our thoughts and prayers.

And Scarborough has postponed opening till 2 May.  They are also planning on a shorter 6 week season.
Landshark # 97
Member, Phoenix Risen

Yrose

Bastrop county called. I'm really worried about our economy with this shiner bock.

Trillium

Everyone please take care of yourselves during this crazy time. Take the warnings seriously. I know many in the medical field, this is a big deal, and precautions a very important. Love you all and hopefully we will be able to celebrate together in the fall!
Got faerie dust?

Yrose

Quote from: Yrose on March 17, 2020, 06:48:06 AM
Bastrop county called. I'm really worried about our economy with this shiner bock.

I hate my phone sometimes! Shiner bock?? Lol

KiltedPrivateer

Quote from: Yrose on March 22, 2020, 09:00:13 AM
Quote from: Yrose on March 17, 2020, 06:48:06 AM

I hate my phone sometimes! Shiner bock?? Lol

It just means that your phone knows the difference between a good beer and a coronavirus
Member of Clan Procrastination
Crew of the Procrastinator
Lover of Lady Kitara

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Hope my fairemily is staying healthy and doing as well as possible...
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Trillium

Doing alright here, staying healthy. Had to close our business but I'm staying crazy busy making masks. It's at least helping us keep a little money coming in. Hope everyone is staying safe!
Got faerie dust?

KiltedPrivateer

Our family is divided up in the house. I came home from a business trip with a cough, so my wife immediately quarantined me to the bedroom. Then a couple of days ago my daughter started showing signs of a fever, so she is quarantined to her room. And that leaves the wife to play nurse-maid to both of us. What's truly amazing is that the wife hasn't caught anything. She has the worse immune system of all of us. In fact, I'm typically the last one in the house to get sick.

Trying to keep my spirits up. The doc said if my fever doesn't return I can come out tomorrow. We shall see.

Trillium, so sorry to hear about your business. Will you be able to reopen again in the future?

Fraser, hope you and your family are well. Since we basically missed this Sherwood season, we may plan for a weekend at TRF this year. We've mostly avoided it for the past few years. But we shall see.
Lover of Lady Kitara

Trillium

Honestly, we don't know. Depends on how long this lasts. We've been closed since mid-March and are closed until at least the beginning of May. It's our only source of income. Plus my hubby is high risk if he gets sick. I'm very worried. :-[
Got faerie dust?

KiltedPrivateer

Very sorry to hear that. My wife is the same as your husband. She has a weak immune system. So far she is the healthiest one in the house.

I sure hope y'all are able to bounce back. But most importantly, I hope you're able to find new sources of income during this down time. We've been praying for the many who are being financially hit hard due to the shutdown of the world.
Lover of Lady Kitara

PollyPoPo

Trillium,

I sent you a pm.

Polly PoPo
Polly PoPo
(aka Grannie)