News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Let The Countdown Begin!

Started by Laird Fraser of Lovatt, July 02, 2009, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyShadow

Quote from: Breandan on July 06, 2009, 11:16:45 PM
Sure am, even have a sign on my office door :D

And please share where you got those, so I can get mine :D

Quote from: Lady Laura on July 07, 2009, 08:43:16 AM
And now that my daughter's been attending faire for 10 years, I have 10 sets of the child's various garb in my closet!  Mostly fairie wings, etc.  Wish she could still fit in some of them!  And of course, I'm saving them for her daughter.

Thankfully with my boys I have been able to pass down over the years.  And my daughters havent grown too much that they were able to wear their garb for 2-3 yrs.  *I always made for a lil room to grow*
May the stars always shine upon you and yours.

Royal Order of Landsharks Guppy # 98 :)

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

94... 94!!!  I'd like to go to bed and wake up in October... with a big pile of freaking money, too.  ;)
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

LadyShadow

Quote from: Fraser of Lovatt on July 07, 2009, 12:26:33 PM
94... 94!!!  I'd like to go to bed and wake up in October... with a big pile of freaking money, too.  ;)

I'll second that.  And add that all my sewing projects that need to be done by TRF are done :D

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

I'm ready but there are always those last little geegaws that would be perfect....
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Breandan

Quote from: LadyShadow on July 07, 2009, 09:57:34 AM
Quote from: Breandan on July 06, 2009, 11:16:45 PM
Sure am, even have a sign on my office door :D

And please share where you got those, so I can get mine :D
It was made by the guy who made the actual station, and I couldn't find any place that sold it. So I printed mine off on card stock and laminated it  ;)
Catch me at the blacksmith's shop (over next to the glassblower's), and I'll get you one  ;D

As for preps... well, my wife is thinking she might be (or soon will be at the rate we're going) pregnant again, and will want better accommodations than the loft. So, we spent an hour in the Woodlands looking at a new Catalina travel trailer for this year. AC wins! ;D
Author, bladesmith, and fuzzy teddybear.

"I've fought my wars and drank my mead in this life, the afterlife for me will be one endless renaissance festival with an old-school tabletop game store the size of a Costco next door ;D " - me

LadyShadow

If I remember when Oct comes around I will definitely stop by :D

Congrats with the next joy.

Rani Zemirah

Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Jack Daw at Work

I will probably not encamp, but definitely intend to crash the McLotofus site!
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

Hercules

Quote from: Breandan on July 07, 2009, 08:40:40 PMSo, we spent an hour in the Woodlands looking at a new Catalina travel trailer for this year. AC wins! ;D

Oh mayun! Green with envy! I've already been sweet(sweat)-talked into upgrading to a small trailer! Screw roughing it. After a long day comfort rules.... ;D 
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

Jack Daw at Work

I'd get one of those things, but have no place to park it.
Steve "Jack Daw" McIntyre

"The honour the Sleat Carpenter obtained...is still preserved for his descendants."

dbaldock

Quote from: Jack Daw at Work on July 08, 2009, 08:24:25 AM
I'd get one of those things, but have no place to park it.

I'd love to have a trailer (grew up going to the lake, camping and skiing in the 70's), and I could probably park it at a friend's house ... but I've only got one vehicle, and it won't pull a nice sized trailer.  :(

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

92............. Exactly 3 months.
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

wyckdblyss

*Does her 3 month happy dance*  ;D
WyckdBlyss,
Royal Order of Lansharks Guppy No. 70

Rani Zemirah

Longer for me, since I have to wait until All Hallows... but I think it will take me at least that long to get all my new garb ready...  ::)  :D

Anyone else getting that pre-Faire adrenaline rush yet?!?  LOL  
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede