News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Let The Countdown Begin!

Started by Laird Fraser of Lovatt, July 02, 2009, 06:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

Quote from: Rani Zemirah on July 09, 2009, 08:25:55 AM
Longer for me, since I have to wait until All Hallows... but I think it will take me at least that long to get all my new garb ready...  ::)  :D

Anyone else getting that pre-Faire adrenaline rush yet?!?  LOL  

I'm right there with you, since AHE will be my first this year but after Blue's party, i've been wound up tighter than d*ck's hatband.  :D  My hours have gone up a bit, so i may be able to get those last little touches for the garb.
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Rani Zemirah

LOL  I'm making/building most of my own, but I think I'll be able to get a couple of brand new major pieces this year... and I'm so excited about them that I can hardly sit still!!!  I'll find out later today, in fact...   ;D
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

Hercules

Ya'll are making me feel bad about ma "Store bought" garb.  :-[
Save the Earth (it's the only one with beer)!

bellevivre

oh no! seriously, dont worry- I started with home made and have started buying more and more- and some people do the exact opposite! As long as your garb is stuff you like, and feel comfortable in, the rest will come later... You'll probably end up adding your own personal touches- the creativity is contagious!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Belle the Kat

Clan Procrastination's Ambassador to the Seelie & UnSeelie Courts

Laird Fraser of Lovatt

I've taken stuff and modified them myself.  I just bought a really nice kilt belt from Ravenswood Leather.  My wife walks out on the back porch and finds me punching holes in a $80 belt... had to mount a Neveren celtic cross on the back of it.  I've mixed and matched stuff... the overall effect is what you are after.  What ever makes you happy.  If you look in the mirror and smile, then you got it right.  ;D
Cha togar m' fhearg gun dìoladh
Alba gu brath
Laird of Dunans Castle
Warrior Poet/Loki God

Hercules

I felt sooooo comfortable in one of Lady Dra's shirts that I dropped a bundle on it. :o Now I fear for my credit card as I understand she has TWO shops at TRF.

bellevivre

wow... ok, i really need to get to faire- STAT! I'm sitting here confusing the Scarby Dra store with the TRF store... which i cant even picture!

all I see when my brain says Store/TRF is Casta Diva... *drool*
Belle the Kat

Hercules

Quote from: bellevivre on July 09, 2009, 05:13:39 PMall I see when my brain says Store/TRF is Casta Diva... *drool*

Enlighten please?  ???

bellevivre

Maker of quite fine, steel boned corsets of the more Victorian persuasion... most Victorian corsets you find at faires are maybe only steel boned at the laces, this has i think 8 or 10 bones throughout... and they come in a wide range of sizes! I have one, I want more!
Belle the Kat

Hercules

Do they carry garb for ~gulp~ dewds?

Rani Zemirah

I just found an Ebay store a few days ago (that has a 99.9% positive rating) that has all leather corsets, and many of their "Buy it Now" auctions are for custom pieces.  I'm just about to buy two different corsets, and I'll be spending less than $300... total.  In fact, I think I'll go do that now!!!   ;D

Not sure if I should post a link here, but I'd be happy to renmail it to anyone who wants it!  Oh!!!  I'm not affiliated with the site in anyway, either!
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede

bellevivre

Hercules- sure, if the dude likes to wear corsets! (not unheard of- see men's civil war corseting)

Rani- let me know what you think- ive been cautious about buying a corset i cant try on first...
Belle the Kat

Hercules

Quote from: bellevivre on July 09, 2009, 06:57:17 PM
Hercules- sure, if the dude likes to wear corsets! (not unheard of- see men's civil war corseting)

Uuuum no...I'm just now getting used to lacing up the doublet.... :D

FaeHollow

I am getting my corset from SidneyEileen on etsy.... her stuff looks pretty solid and she sounds knowledgeable enough... OH and its cheap! :D I am excited this will be my first corset...can't wait!
Leigh

Rani Zemirah

Bellevivre, I'll do that, although they will both be made to my specific measurements, so I'm not too worried about it... and with such a high positive rating out of over 1700 sales in just the last 12 months, well, I'm willing to take a chance to get over $900 worth of corsets for under $300.  I'm sure they're just using up the last of their leather stock before the next seasons styles and colors come out, but the two I found are incredible looking, and I could never afford them at Faire...
Rani - Fire Goddess

Aut disce... aut discede