News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Amber

Started by Tarac, July 03, 2009, 05:15:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SleepyArcher

I dont plan on selling any I was just saying what its selling for now thats its been dicontinued. As good as the stuff is I wont have a problem emptying my bottles lol.
Knight, FOP, Pirate, Woodsman...I am a man of many faces.

winterland

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macallan-Amber-Scotch-Whisky-Liqueur-DISCONTINUED_W0QQitemZ380143127144QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item58824bca68&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

This seller sells booze day in and day out on Ebay. Looks like it is legit to sell discontinued booze such as Amber and other vintage years as a collectible. Once again they list as selling the bottle.

Now many of us can add another hobby to our list. Bottle collectors!  

Ebays policy
http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/alcohol.html

DeadBishop

People like the person selling the Amber use the "collectible container" argument to get by the regulations.  I could see if it was a handblown or limited edition item that actually was collectible, but anyone buying the Amber, you know their going to drink it.   ::)  Just look at his list of items he's selling.  Most likely stuff that is still available some places.  Like the gift box items liquor stores have at Christmas time.  How many of these sales do you think are going to minors?   :P

Anyway, enough of that off-topic wandering....anyone bringing some along to fest?   ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

SleepyArcher

I plan on it!

I had some friends try it and didnt like. poor peoples

DeadBishop

Quote from: LORD FONDLEBOTTOM on August 19, 2009, 02:15:05 AM
I plan on it!

I had some friends try it and didnt like. poor peoples

Their loss, more for us!

R/F.com member since 2003

Marietta Graziella

Bringing some to fest...?   No because that's not allowed and I wouldn't want to do anything against the rules.  ::)
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

SleepyArcher

I guess I'm a rebel but I will only drink it before the railroad tracks before gate, you know right by the sherrif. Maybe he will like some??
::)

Phelyp, Lord Maydestone

My friend's parents are just back from the wilds of Quebec - and low and behold they found me a bottle of the maple whisky!  It isn't Amber but as close as we can get up here.  Sadly it will likely be gone by the time we come down - having company tomorrow for dinner.  *sigh* Maybe I'll just hide it and not bring up the topic.
It's always time for Chardonnay!

MissBubu

I found some last night at the BP Liquor store, Highway 252 and 85th Ave N in Brooklyn Park. There's still at least one bottle on the shelf.

Marietta Graziella

Miss Bubu!  What a fantabulous photo!  You are looking marvelous!
Nothing clever to say here.  Not enough caffine yet.

winterland

Might have to pick that bottle up if the budget allows. Just emptied the last of my Amber on Christmas.