News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

4th weekend recap

Started by Hey- Arent You?, July 03, 2009, 11:37:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hey- Arent You?

early on saturday, having finished warming my breakfast on the glassblowers oven, everything was going along fine, when all of a sudden...I was at the bottom of pukeNsnot hill when i found myself suddenly surrounded by a huge group of zombie hamsters..... they were all gnashing their teeth and moaning "grains, grains".......or they might have been small children with wooden swords.....ANYWAY, knowing I would never reach the the Winchester (pub), I grabbed my cricket bat & ran uphill, because everone knows that zombie hamsters have trouble running uphill.  Eventually, I took refuge in the dungeon museum.  spent most of the weekend in there, hiding in one of the exhibits holding very very still.  I managed to escape just before canon on sunday, by disguising myself as souvenir and slipping myself into a very large woman's very large purse.  narrowly escaped with my life I did.

or, perhaps something else entirely.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Mischief Snicklebritches

who....who has time to think of this stuff!?  ;) You are hilarious!
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Radu the Gypsy

I'm not certain what pharmaceuticals you are getting into, but you need to share.

Jonas_MacPherson

Discovered a new breed of prehistoric hamster today...white. Have pelt to prove it.

(bet you guys thought it was fox, right?)

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

No, I have known it was Gigantis Albus Carne Cricetus or it's none latin name The Great Sabertooth Snow-haired Hamster all along thus the reason Toki and I have been calling it thus the Giant or Mutated Carnivorius Albino Hamster all along  ;D
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Got a rose from my escourt Toki (three now total) Meet yet more and wonderful people and chatted with friends. Got a new frog for my new jeweled chalice. Had my photo taken yet more times than I can count and those are by the ones I saw or asked. Was confused yet again to be the queen... Yes I am but we shall let the other one in her red and gold dress keep on pretending. Ate the still favorite Baron of Beef (naked of course) Drank a ton of lemonade. Took a few photos (almost 600 with my favorite being Elijah at the wishing well, OH so Cute) Chatted with Capt Jack and walked with him a bit. Tried the BBQ Pork sandwich (Baron of Beef is still my favorite) Got majorly rained on with a major wet and dirty dress (NO I do not send it to the dry cleaner as they would ruin it... I hand wash it myself on Sundays hence yet another reason I don't come back on Sundays... the other reason is so I can rest up for the work week) Bought a hat blank for a future Pirate outfit (Capt Gabriella Fullpepper will make land sometime soon) Chatted with one of the wives of the Scarby Musketeers... very nice lady. Toki bought me a beautiful pair of earrings from Uncommon adornments with a pearl in the center. They will go  with my green and gold dress and Katherine Parr dress nicely.OH and meet the Arch-Duke from Scarby who insisted that their faire was twice as big with a bigger cast. Yes this may be true but our fair is 5 time higher and closer to heaven making it a much better faire... well I think so. Went home early took a nice shower, uploaded photos to my PC and sleep like sleeping beauty even with all the load booming from fireworks going on.

HUZZAh to everyone and hope you stay dry and clean today.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

Jonas_MacPherson

Decided against going up for the second day of children's weekend. Considering how hard it rained right around noon down in the Springs, probably was a good idea overall.

Saturday wasn't bad, outside of the rain out.

Princess Alice

Thanks to everyone who came to visit!  If you don't see me right away, I may be in the corner working, so look around a bit.  Sorry that I'm out of favors at the moment.  The rain was awful on Saturday, made me very unpleasant to be around, but Sunday was great if a little chilly. 

Also, maybe some confusion about my name; I don't care if you call me Alice but it is pronounced Ell-eese if you care about that sort of thing.
Real Men Eat Fish.

Mischief Snicklebritches

So...saturday was good until it rained and I got DRENCHED! I usually find cover really quickly, but for some reason, that storm just snuck up on me. :S So I was stranded under a large pine tree in the Pirates Pub for about the first our. My beautiful face painting a la Charlotte (sp...sorry I can never spell that name) was smudged off and I had just a green smudgy face for the rest of the day. My wings held up surprisingly well actually, but still. I despise being wet in anything other than a bathing suit. grrr.

Today was eh...I was very tired, but it was still good. I just didn't have the energy I usually do. We TRIED to have a fairy meeting at woodchips, but the organizer who shall remain nameless *coughfairycoughgodmothercoughcough* didn't even show up! so I just left and caught the majority of the last joust.  Got to meet Sir Mitri in person. Ive been blowing him kisses for the last four weeks I thought it would be the decent thing to do and introduced myself. lol. He's very nice.
Ummmmmyeah. Ohohohohoh! Serendipity and I made up our own verse for mermaid...it was great

...And up stepped the fairies of our gallant ship
and two cute fairy's were they
They said we'll just point and laugh as we fly away, and you sink to the bottom of the sea!

So yeah, it was fun. I love love love her.
Hope eveyone had a lovely lovey weekend. OOOOH! and ps. totally loved the Cast Away's a la Cap'n Jack and his lovely lady :D Good job again!
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Blushing

I had a most wonderous weekend ... I had lots of play time for once, so I spent the time wandering with my friends from Texas (yes, the musketeers!).

Even the rain Saturday was mostly bearable ... although I'm with you Remi, I HATE being in anything wet.  But at some point of the soaking it doesn't really matter.  I did enjoy Celtic Legacy's "rain show."  But I am VERY glad that I have more than one pair of faire boots/shoes.

Sunday was also fun of course, although I'm getting rather tired of the lengthy rain storms.  Whatever happened to the "normal" blow in-blow out downpours?!

And oh yes ... I picked up a little companion: His name is Corf, and he's a bandit hamster ... ;o) And the stories he tells!
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

NelleMoorley

This was my favorite children's weekend ever! Maybe just because I love rain, and we had plenty of it.  Saturday I was so soaked that Steve and I decided to go home to our warm bed  (and warm shower) rather than camp out in the cold and damp.  But the mornings were beautiful, and so was Sunday afternoon, and there seemed to be a general feeling of generosity, as everyone shared cloaks, food, drink, and sent roses to cheer people's soggy days.  I love days like that!

The Foxglove Madrigals took it easy on our voices this weekend, singing lots of kid's songs and playing games with the little ones rather than singing difficult music, and the humidity made singing much easier.  Thank you to those of you who purchased CD's, and I hope you enjoy them! And thank you to the folks who took the sunshine with them and warmed everyone else up with their presence (and their flasks)!
Nelle Moorley

Zoë

Children's weekend is never my favorite.  Children's weekend when it is wet and cold and rainy is definitely not my favorite.  Saturday was quite slow most of the day but especially after the rain came, I don't think we saw a customer for the last 2 1/2 hours of the day.  However my booth-mate and I had a grand time creating the Adventures of Guillermo the Hamster on a Rainy Day at Faire, captured in photographs of course, which I will post soon.  I did get to visit with some of the Texas Musketeers, which was awesome.  After faire I went to a friend's house and we climbed up onto her roof to watch the City of Aurora's fireworks display which was grand. 

Sunday was a bit better business-wise, we had better crowds in general and it was a little bit less slow.  My parents came to visit, looking fabulous as ever.  They left when it started to rain and thunder (they were walking to the car when the funnel came down).  It was still a pretty slow afternoon but not totally awful. 

And yet despite the rain and the slow business and the boring afternoons stuck in my booth, I somehow had a fabulous, fabulous weekend...go figure.... ;)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: Princess Alice on July 05, 2009, 11:48:01 PM
Also, maybe some confusion about my name; I don't care if you call me Alice but it is pronounced Ell-eese if you care about that sort of thing.

Thanks for clarifying. I know that feeling all to well as there are a few who call me Del-Annie or Al-Lis-A (as in Milano) When it's really Del-Lane-EE and Ah-Lisa

I will be sure to say it properly.

OH and thank you for the beautiful favor :)
"The Metal Maiden"

Princess Alice

you're welcome!  I was excited to get new favors from you as well; I got 4 new favors on Saturday.
Real Men Eat Fish.

Demetrius

Quote from: Lady Remi on July 03, 2009, 11:41:34 PM
who....who has time to think of this stuff!?  ;) You are hilarious!

Hey- Aren't You? actually lived the scene as described with one tiny detail missing- being the king of Hamstern revival, he rounded up quite a few for a group photo op.

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Hey- Arent You?

Quote from: Demetrius on July 06, 2009, 06:27:06 PM

Hey- Aren't You? actually lived the scene as described with one tiny detail missing- being the king of Hamstern revival, he rounded up quite a few for a group photo op.

Indeed, to be named such by a truth teller of such exceptional proportion must indeed mean exactly the opposite.   ::)

Nay, I cannot claim right to hamster royalty, only to be a loyal supporter and soldier in the hamster revolt .
I do indeed know the identity of the true hamster king, to whom I have sworn fealty, but I will never revel his name publicly.   :-X
He is both kind and wise, and must be protected from those who would do him hamster harm.  It is enough to know that when we speak, the Hamster King hears, and as we go forth among the hamstern collective, the Hamster King watches from on high.   :o

All Hail The Hamster King...... VIVA LA REVELOUTION!!!

It should be noted, that The Hamster King, and indeed, all of the hamster brethren are subservient in all matters, to the Hamster Goddess.....
who shall also remain unnamed.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good people to do nothing"
~Edmund Burke

Demetrius

Some notes on the 4th weekend:

Well, I seem to recall having a discussion this weekend about the difference between fact and truth and blaming people for things they have done. Did anyone see the shop with the donut machine? Flaming hamstern and a poem about Zoe? I rest my veracity.

The 4th was too too slow. No fireworks.  :(   Huzzah to all those who did come this weekend and our visitors from Texas.

Anyone ever notice the European theme going on at faire and the British people all over the frigin' place? On July 5th, 1776, England declared independence from America and this 5th far too many people decided not to come to faire.  :(

Saturday night was too wet for Nixie to stay in her tent so she stayed in the camper with us. I will not mention the embarrassing moment I wasn't even aware of until it was pointed out to me on Sunday.

Captain Spleen stopped by and we envisioned Jim Morrison being the Hamster King- "... a dog with out a bone, a hamster out on loan." 

I spoke briefly with Blushing about her grocery store.

Oh- here's a fact- Zoe (way back, anyway) had nineteen live and real hamsters and I'm not making that up.

Oh, here's another FACT- Hey- Aren't You has a post or two about hamsters. I'm just saying...

I don't know if another hamster song was sung at closing gate, but I missed seeing the Professor at break to see what new hamster song he may have came up with.

It was nice to visit with Mistress Charlotte and enjoy the wonderful new addition to her booth. This is where I got to meet Squire Gaby in person and talk about Scarby a bit.

Lady Remi did receive said hamster from my Sister, who now has a full time job making more.

I missed Lady D and Toki... except for when they came by and we had a chat about, oh, I don't know...

I loved the castaway twins and I hope they find their way off the island other than needing to be voted off.

Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...