News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Third weekend wrap up

Started by Demetrius, June 25, 2009, 10:42:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonas_MacPherson

Lots of fun stuff happened.

Hung out with Delaney for a bit on saturday, which was pretty much all to report, outside of what seemed to be a mulitude of photo ops. I'm guessing word of my giant albano hamster has gotten around.

Sunday was far more interesting...spent the morning with Remi, trying my best to convey her hand signals and noises to the masses, and spent a great deal of the afternoon, roaming, picking up yet another knick knack for the outfit (a beautiful leather rose from a certain shop near joust) and catching up with old friends. Next week, more stuff! Can't wait.

Capt Gabriela Fullpepper

Quote from: squiregaby on June 28, 2009, 12:20:20 PM
Quote from: Lady de Laney on June 28, 2009, 08:16:54 AM
Watched the joust and cheered for both Roderick (2nd joust) and William (third Joust) I still say Roderick was in the right burning down the orphanage as it was filled with demonically possed, plaque infested children... and rats.

OH I took close to 800 photos. Most were done in very rapid secession of 3.5 every second. I did this to see how the jousting would turn out. Many of these may get tossed, but who knows. They will be posted this week on the pbase site.

But what about Mitri and Marcos? They need equal love too! :P
I'd love to steal your pictures of the joust for the website once you get them up on the net!

Squiregaby

Not to sound like a total witch or anything. if someone uses the photos to promote themselves in a profit making venture such as Noble Cause productions or even the knights., I must decline the use. As photography is something I do to try and make a little extra money. An example of such was Faire Magazine. I got payment (not much) but I was paid for my services just the same. And while I am taking photos right now, I am doing it at the possible use of them by CoRF but once again for payment. Asking for them for free would be like me asking the Knights to put on a personal joust for just myself or friends, or to teach me all the ropes in what they do. And since Photography is a form of art, it also follows copywrite laws like music, books, or any other form of media. And while I do let forum members use my photos with my permission to use on their myspace site or for their own personal use, the photos I have taken are still my property and I would greatly appreciate Brian or the heads of Noble Cause productions personal request to use my photos for their website.
"The Metal Maiden"
To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody e

NelleMoorley

I had a great weekend!  Out there singing again, with a new song (we're adding a new song each week now), and we have our CD's again!  We definitely kept busy, practically running from set to set and everything in between.  My favorite part of the weekend was Saturday morning, when a little four-year-old boy sang twinkle twinkle with us and then kissed each of us square on the lips.  He was adorable, all smiles and singing!

I loved the respite from the heat that the storms provided, although I definitely put down my parasol when I saw all that lightning on Sunday.  All in all, a great weekend.  Oh, and Huzzah for the Hamster mermaid verse, yay!!!!!
Nelle Moorley

CapnJack

Yay!  Don't let me forget to pick up a CD next time I see you ladies!
"I've been through some terrible things in my life.  Some of which have actually happened."

-Mark Twain

Mischief Snicklebritches

Had a good weekend again :D I had to work on Saturday morning, but got out there around 3pm, which was just the perfect amount of time after having worked all day. Had a good experience with a group of special needs guys out with either their parents or guardians * I couldn't tell which, but Im guessing the later since there were so many of them in the group * I have a real soft spot in my heart for special needs people so I stopped to say hello. Had my picture taken by the lady leading the group with a guy named Josh * I think  ??? * that had Downs Syndrome. He was possibly the most precious person ever. He gave me a kiss on the cheek after she snapped the photo and told me I was pretty. :P
And then, he saw me later and told me I was " A hot chick" it made me giggle.

Sunday was good,  but tiring. I kinda volunteered/was volunteered for 1st and 2nd Joust cheerleading for Paige because her voice was going out. Ugh. I do not like Joust cheerleading. Because 1. Never did it before 2. Had the biggest crowd (Williams) and was extreeeeeeemly nervous. Then I got scolded for "watching the joust instead of the crowd" during the first joust by the squire before the second. I was like....well? How am I supposed to know how to cue them if I dont know who is down at my end of the arena!?  but I tried not to watch so much the 2nd time. Anyway, long story shot, wont be volunteering for anything like that again.
Other than that it was an excellent day. As GentlemanPrivateer says we hung out most of the morning, and he translated for me. It was most fun. ;D
How do I know I haven't missed it?!...what if it WAS the chicken!

Zoë

I got to interact with that same special needs group; several of them came up throughout the day and were very sweet.  :)

This weekend was busy...which is good for us.  Hot weather = dehydrated people = people buying drinks = yay! 
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Demetrius

A hamster song at closing gate?! Incredible! Huzzah!! Can such things be...   :)
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...

Francisco Paula

So my third weekend of faire. Well spent saturday relaxing and watching tv. Sunday i went to a book signing and bought some books on denver was a blast and enjoying reading about the bank robbery and killing on fathers day in 91, also got a book called "The ghosts of capital hill" and others.

Demetrius

Quote from: Sir Garath on July 02, 2009, 10:20:25 AM
So my third weekend of faire. Well spent saturday relaxing and watching tv. Sunday i went to a book signing and bought some books on denver was a blast and enjoying reading about the bank robbery and killing on fathers day in 91, also got a book called "The ghosts of capital hill" and others.

I did all that too! Except I did it on Monday. I didn't watch TV or go to a book signing or rob a bank but I wanted to.
Truth teller of exceptional proportion...
Proud to be a part of the Colorado Renaissance Festival...