News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Construction info updated may 20

Started by renfairephotog, April 22, 2009, 02:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renfairephotog

The news said there is construction near the airport till the end of May. So expect delays once you get here. and leave earlier to make your flight home.
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

Old Tinker

thank you so much good RFP. thy heads-up will at least forewarn me Belle and me on the travelin.
see thee in just a few,
OT & B ...
Loveland "Castleteer"
Travel Safe, Travel Far

Captain Jack Wolfe

Thanks for the info, RFP!  I'll be making multiple runs to the airport, and it's nice to know about this in advance.
"I'm not sure about people anymore. They're responsible for some pretty nutty stuff. Individuals I'm crazy about, though." ~ Opus

renfairephotog

There's more on http://www.nashintl.com/info_center/TARI.aspx but here's the main info.

Delays will occur when entering and exiting the terminal through the end of May. Intermittent blasting will occur six days a week (Monday through Saturday) through the end of May. Monday through Friday blasting will occur  from 3 p.m. - 4 p.m. On Saturday, blasting will occur between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. Please allow extra travel time.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

Update May 20
Starting  tonight there are overnight lane closures on I-24. This affects an 8 mile section west of the festival.  This is the area between the I-24 campground and the festival exit.  The lanes close between 8PM-6AM.  TDOT doesn't do road construction during Memorial day weekend so you shouldn't  have to worry about the construction itself BUT...

They have dropped the speed limit to 60 MPH in that area, so leave early.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

I drove west bound through this area tonight. west = leaving festival towards Nashville. No construction other than on an off ramp.
But EAST bound (east=heading towards festival from Nashville/smyrna) They were working near mile marker 62 and it was backed up for 3 miles.
Fairy photographer

renfairephotog

They are have finished the overnight closures of this section of 24. Newly paved roads.
Fairy photographer