News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Scraborough History, Customs, and Manners class

Started by SirRichardBear, May 08, 2008, 01:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirRichardBear

This weekend May 9th and 10th will be covering love and sex in the Renaissance,  they are not the same thing.  A very popular lecture last year and I suspect will be so this year.  This lecture is for those 18 and older.

following weekend IIRC is pirates, privatrees, and international trade.

See everyone there.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

Ottheinrich

Lady Ann of Draycott

Darn!  I wish I could make it to that one, but we won't be back to Scarby until the 17th. 

Anybody want to video tape or record it for me???  ;) ;D
Collector of Wine and Roses
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

SirRichardBear

Quote from: Ottheinrich on May 08, 2008, 01:42:47 PM
How long are the classes?

Half hour they start at 11:30 near the front gate and ends when they start the morning court dance at 12 noon.
Beware of him that is slow to anger: He is angry for something, and will not be pleased for nothing.
Benjamin Franklin

cowgrrl

I must remember this!  Maybe I can go on Saturday & Al-Nimer can go on Sunday so we can both go sans children.

Would it be helpful for me to request this be put in the program or given its own area?  I always say I'm going to go to these & then once I hit the front gate my brain disappears.  Having it in the program would be a big, big help.

lys1022

If you're all interested in seeing this become an official event with space of it's own, it never hurts to let TPTB know these things.  It seems to be drawing a consistently larger crowd each year.  It currently is an unofficial event (much like King's Luncheon) that has been put together by SAPA members, so it's not on the programs anywhere.

If you like it, tell them.  :)
Lys
I am not an employee of Scarborough Faire and to not represent them in any way.

Escarlata

I've been including a note about the lecture in my Faire Anticipations post at FaireNews.
Esc be no lady!
Bringing Good and Bad Dreams...as appropriate
FaireNews-spreading the Joy of Faire, one post at a time

DonaCatalina

Is the lecture going to happen Sunday also?
I'd really like to attend but I can't remember the location
or the time.
:-[
Aurum peccamenes multifariam texit
Marquesa de Trives
Portrait Goddess

SirRichardBear

DonaCatalina this is a two day lecture so you can get the second half on Sunday.  We meet in the little garden just below the front gate.  Were they do the morning court dance.  Starting time is at 11:30 good idea to get there early if you want a place to sit.  Only a couple of benchs and the big stone for sitting. 
Benjamin Franklin

VIII

Next year, in 2009, Scarborough History, Customs, and Manners classes should be scheduled throughout the day.  Look on the Program for a Tudor Rose, a Scottish Thistle, a Gypsy Vardo, a Ship, etc., and a time.

Well,... that's the plan anyway.
Former King Henry VIII
Renaissance Magazine Issue #66 Cover Boy

StefanDeDeva

That sounds like a wonderful idea your Majesty.  I'm really trying to cut back the poachers in your land.  I seem to be in a short hand of shackles this season.  Seems I gave out too many last year  ;) :o

Lady Ann of Draycott

Anyone know where I could find a recap of the lecture from this past weekend?  I think there was a link posted on the other forum to a blog that talked about these classes at Scarby.  Anyone know???
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

SirRichardBear

Couple of group pictures from Sunday lecture.  Look forward to seeing everyone next weekend

Benjamin Franklin

Lady Ann of Draycott

What is the topic for the class this weekend?
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96

Lady Ann of Draycott

Before the other forum went away a link to someone's blog was posted in this topic, a can't remember her name, but in her blog she talked about the history, customs and manners classes that had been held at Scarby. 

Does anyone have the link to this blog? I thought I put it in my favorites but now I can't find it!  :(
Clan McLotofus Elder
Landshark No. 96