News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Kansas City

Started by Lavender, May 20, 2008, 06:53:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lavender

Kansas City Renaissance Festival
628 North 126th Street
Bonner Springs, KS  66012

Weekends, Labor Day and Columbus Day
August 30 through October 13, 2008

http://www.kcrenfest.com/
IWG #3440
Landshark #19

Brother Gregory

Can't wait until then. I was there in 2006 and spent 2 & 1/2 hours and had a blast that was part of the reason I got into the local faire here in Sioux City. Tried to come last year for the last weekend on Saturday and bring my kids but the weather wouldn't work out they were unhappy and can't wait until this year. I plan to try and attend earlier this year.

TKM

maybe my memory has mistaken me, but is it opening earlier than usual this year? i never remember faire starting in august...

Brother Gregory

The last couple of years its started around Labor day weekend and Labor Day is earlier in September this year.

TKM

ah... so i see. well, that means a longer faire season, doesnt it?

LadyNiniane

Quote from: TKM on May 20, 2008, 04:12:07 PM
maybe my memory has mistaken me, but is it opening earlier than usual this year? i never remember faire starting in august...
KCRF always starts on Labor Day weekend.  This year Labor Day is September 1, so the start date for the weekend is still in August.  Doesn't change either the length of the run (still 7 weekends) or the start - it just looks a bit weird because of the way the calendar works this year.

Lady Niniane
Queen's Gambit - I'm the fiddler
----------------------
Lady Niniane
Queen's Gambit - I'm the white-haired fiddler

Doc Tyma

Hello there!

I am planning to head to the KCRF this fall and am wondering if there is a gathering place for R/F members.  I will be living in Omaha, so making the run is a lot easier than driving from, ya know, Fargo.  Thank you all!

Cheers!  Doc
--
Doc Tyma (but Adam is fine, too ;-)
Devious little wandering professor of symbols and signs

TKM

you know, im not sure. i live just a 5-10 minute drive from the fairegrounds and i go all the time, but i've never been told of a gathering place for forum members. if there is, though, someone please let us know!

Emerald Shaunassey

Quote from: TKM on June 23, 2008, 08:52:19 PM
you know, im not sure. i live just a 5-10 minute drive from the fairegrounds and i go all the time, but i've never been told of a gathering place for forum members. if there is, though, someone please let us know!

You are right TKM, in all the years I've worked KCRF, the only gathering place I've ever known about or participated in was when AFR used to do their yearly invasions.  Then, we'd meet at a vendors booth who was also on AFR.  That hasn't happened in a very long time though.

Emerald
IWG #979, IFRP #569, RMG # 614, Bard # 171.
Creator, Owner, & Manager of Williams Entertainment: Home of The Ladies of the Salty Kiss, The Shanty Lasses, Native Souls, & Grand Lake Renaissance Festival.

TKM

so, are any KCRF vendors on these forums?

girlmacbeth

I'm quite looking foreward to kcrf hope to meet many of you there.

Doc Tyma

Would it be worth setting up an R/F meeting location for each of the weekends?  I know, at MNRF, it is typically by the Meade booth just after first cannon, so if such a place might exist at the KCRF site, maybe something can get started.  Just a thought ... but a mighty good one, m'thinks!   ;D
--

Brother Gregory

I'm planning on being Opening weekend this year with my two girls and would love to meet other R/F's that are there. Let's come up with a place and time and try and all get together.

Doc Tyma

Quote from: Brother Gregory on July 29, 2008, 04:22:01 PM
I'm planning on being Opening weekend this year with my two girls and would love to meet other R/F's that are there. Let's come up with a place and time and try and all get together.

Brother, I would love to join, but that is the weekend I am planning on heading to MNRF to see peeps.  If anyone is going to KCRF opening weekend, please meet up with this man!  Perhaps you can scout a proper permanent meeting place for R/F peeps for the rest of the fest?
--