News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

AZRF Invasion to MNRF Labour Day Weekend

Started by Julianne, July 06, 2009, 04:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Comte de Gilbert

FIG!!! we miss you guys!!!  I'm sorry to hear you were in the hospital, and hope all is well. We wish you were coming with, and hope for a speedy recovery
Those that live by the sword, lose to those that live by the gun

Marcos Charron

OK

We now have 48 days till happy time!

Viscomte
At the faire or in the wood shop, that's where I am!

Lord Figaro

Tanks for the well wishes all. I can't tell you how much we have missed all of you too. We have had a lot of things happening lately. Brandi was offered a promotion at work, with a job for me as well. Part of the offer was a new place to live on property at the hotel properties where we both now work. I can understand they wanted her, but they must have been pretty desperate to have to put up with me too. So we now live in the little town of Needles CA, right on the border. It's great to be back working. But the very first week when we moved I was having exceptional pain issues. Brandi says I was trying to do to much, and she is probably right of course. But I just can't sit around while other people move our stuff in, besides I have to do SOMETHING. But I ended up taking a little to much Tylenol and we think that lead to me getting a massive bleeding ulcer, which was put me in the hospital for a week. This also helped to put me behind in my studies. That's something else new, I am doing an online college going for my Associate Degree in communications. So now I'm 2 weeks behind in my studies, trying to work a full time job, and trying to recover from the bleeding ulcer. It's not been easy. But anyway, due to the new medical bills we will be getting in due to the fact we had no medical insurance at the time are going to kill us, as well as any abilities to go back to MN for the fest. Thanks all though for the well wishes, having your love and support means a great deal to us. I have no idea when or if we'll even be able to join you again for a meet up night. But I hope we can join together some day down the road. Also if your interested, Brandi and I are on the planning committee for the brand new ren fest here in Needles CA. It's called "Kingdom by the River" and will run for one weekend only for the first year. If possible we would love to see you guys come out for the fun. Show these people how to enjoy a renfest. Hey we work at a hotel too so we can probably get you a decent rate on a room LOLOLOL.
Those who do not remember their past are condemned to repeat their mistakes.

George Santayana

Julianne

First, I'm glad you are better!  Gosh John you could have had more dire consequences!  Next time listen to Brandi!!!  You've been trained better then that ;)

Second, Congratulations on the job!!!!  And living in Needles you guys are experiencing nearly the same heat as we do :D
I know that has to be a huge relief for you two.

We will miss you terribly not being able to come to MNRF but with the new job and medical bills its certainly understandable. 

The new faire sounds like fun!  You'll have to tell us more as that weekend draws nearer. :)

And you will have AZRF this year to come visit again.  Same hospitality applies this year.  You have your choice of accommodations.

Capt. Bacardi

Your healthy comes first so get well, and good luck on the studies. Well we will catch you when we come down for Presidents day weekend.
BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Muffin

*Big Hugs*!! We will miss you both!!

xoxoxoxo
:-*
A Captains Wench

It's always Beer:30 here....

*sigh* So many kilts, so little time......

Ette

DeadBishop

See now, we'll have to come down on President's day weekend if you're not coming up Labor Day.  Congrats on the new job, faire, and get better already, man!

R/F.com member since 2003

Lord Figaro

That's right DB, now you HAVE to come down, yeeees all part of our master plan MUHAHAHAHAHAHAH. I can honestly say Julianne that we are most definitely having the same heat as you and OMG is it hot. But I would rather have heat than cold. Brandi is missing the greenery though. Her father went and had grass put in his yard because he missed having some kind of greenery, and Brandi put in a lot of work on some gardens in the back yard. But now with us in the new place, the puppies have a LOT more running room, so they are happy. But some days it's even to hot for them and they refuse to go out. Once again though thanks so much for the well wishes and prayers.

As for the new faire, I can tell you the weekend will be November 14th & 15th of this year. It is going to be an interesting fest. Brandi and I are working on the childrens realm as well as the adult entertainment area. We're looking for some adult type acts we can put in there, but with out knowing the budget right now. It's rather difficult, but we've had some interest from some local performers and we are keeping our fingers crossed we can get them in. If it's at all possible for any of you to come down, it would be great to show these people what real festies are all about. To me there seems to be a little to much influence from SCA and other type of groups like them. But we're a workin' on it.

One thing I am WICKED excited about is that we hired Butch Roy to come down and do an Improv for Interactive Performers class. We're talking about seeing if we can get a two weeks class, and if the budget will be able to support it, but we have him booked for at least one weekend so far. I am very excited about that.

George Santayana

Marcos Charron

Fig

Be careful in that heat, also it's the Peoples Republic of California so watch out there too.

Viscomte

Lord Figaro

I've noticed it's a bit odd here. I mean, no where else do you have to go through a border check on the interstate but here, I mean WTH is up with that?? They don't do it on any other roads but the interstate, and that makes no sense to me.

George Santayana

Marcos Charron

Fig

It's Cali, there is no good answer, it's just different.

Viscomte

Julianne

DB is that for real?  Are you two finally going to make it down?

That's wonderful!!!! ;D ;D ;D

DeadBishop

Let's just say it's optimistic thinking at this point.   ;D

R/F.com member since 2003

Marcos Charron

DB

Would be good to have you here for Presidents Day Weekend.

Viscomte

Julianne

Turning back to the topic at hand....*my bad*

Who wants to countdown the clock?

I'm just beside myself waiting for the day to arrive that I can go on vacation.
:D