News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

A few things different this season

Started by trevor ylisaari, July 07, 2009, 08:01:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trevor ylisaari

Just wanted to give everyone around here a heads-up that things have really been rolling along in the site-prep department this year.
Lots of improvements for all to look forward to.

First an for-most. Wait until you see the beautiful flower garden by the front gate.
Saw it for the first time last weekend and was just amazed.

You all are going to love some of the improvements to the Drift Inn area.
Especially around the pub!
I won't give anything away yet, so as not to ruin the surpise though.

And there is litterally tons of new stone that has been put down in several areas to aleviate mud issues.

And for anyone looking for pickels, they moved the pickel booth from the Stumble Inn food area, all the way out by Olive's Black Ox Cottage.

bosswench

Ohhh trevor! What a tease! cant wait to see it!

Athena

A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

hephzibah

Oh yes Trevor is right and we all hope everyone will like. And a plug Kat OB painted alot of the signs we see in the lanes and at joust just for a few ;)

Scotsman

As long as they are still serving Smithwick's I am sold! Best faire beer ever!

(Guinness is the best faire ALE ever)
Kilted Rogue #1411
Irish Penny BDE - Flattn'
Castleteer
Teer for life
RFC #56
Was that my inside voice?

KAT OB

Thanks Hep for the plug :-)  You and Rhonda did a lot also. new benches, buildings were taken care of by you guys.
We all worked really hard to get GLMF looking pretty. Check out the main food courts. Whole face lift!

Kat
Spread your wings and let the fairy in you fly! 

Nothing can be truer than fairy wisdom.  It is as true as sunbeams.

wyldfire

*waving*  Hey Kat!  You made it!!!!  *hugs*

I've heard nothing but good things about all the work that's been done.  Scott was just on his way over there again today to check everything out, and he's had very nice things to say.

I'm excited about the changes at the Drift Inn  :-X  but i'm not telling what they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mrs. Sot *LOL*  That there's funny.....I don't care who you are!!!!

bosswench

ok that is seriously not faire! haha any hints at all? more seating perhaps? lol

wyldfire

Quote from: bosswench on July 08, 2009, 11:49:00 AM
ok that is seriously not faire! haha any hints at all? more seating perhaps? lol

*L*  Mayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyybe    ;D

Lemme caveat that and add:   Kinnnnnda  :)
Mrs. Sot *LOL*  That there's funny.....I don't care who you are!!!!

bosswench

hahaha well thank you mi lady....... ;)

KAT OB

*hugs* back at ya....

Have had the opportunity to listen to cast over the weeks....so much going on with cast this year!!

There are sooo many new changes and happenings around this year, it will be a whole new experience.

bosswench

SirMichael

Greetings,

Just a quick note the show schedules are posted on the medievalfaire.com web page today.....

It looks very good.

Sir Michael
Knight Commander - Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulchre of Jerusalem 
Pontis Mori Quam Foedari - Deus Lo Vult!

BeerBlessings

Also.. Pickle Grove will have abbreviated hours.. It will only be open from 12-6.

KAT OB

You can still get pickles at the main food court until the Grove opens. Aubry will have the cast and volunteer's drinks still at the Grove.

I finished painting today out on site. It is all looking really good. (I am a bit tired of painting street signs.)

I noticed a few new craft vendors around. Check out the new ones down by Ellen's Pandora's Locks/Washng Well Wenches.