News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

first time to Sterling aug 1

Started by Carl, July 07, 2009, 08:57:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl

We will be heading up to Sterling for the day. MIRF is our home faire .We are visiting relations in Buffalo and decided to make the trip up.Any suggestions? We plan to get to the parking lot an hour before opening gate will it be crowded then or do we need to get in alittle earlier? Thank you.
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny

Ozium

You should be fine getting there about 9'ish. It will probably take you 2 to 2.5 hours from buffalo area.
Home Faire:Sterling
Clan O'Doinn-Irish Penny Brigade (New York)
Carpenter of the good ship Medusa.
Foktop Knight
Clan Vogdis

irish

Welcome! You will have a lovely time at faire! People are super friendly!
It is Highland Fling, that weekend. I will be there.
I would say look for a 'kilt' of green/black check,  ::).......there would be a lot, I am sure!
Have a safe trip and hope to meet you!
irish
irish~ren ~
Cruise Director ~
Clan O'Doinn (Sterling) ~
Irish Penny Brigade (New York)

IndeanaSunday

You must eat:
-Pork Pocket
-Apple Dumpling (w/ extra sauce!)
-Turkey Leg
-Kettle Corn (Now commonly known as "Kettle Crack")

You must see:
-The Joust
-The Rat Show
-The Nun Show
-The Wench Auction (unless you have kids, because it's bawdy!)
-Don Juan & Miguel
-The Final Pubsing
-The Mud Beggar Show

You should also:
-Sit along a path and wait for an actor-patron-actor encounter to break out in front of you, then watch and enjoy!
-Peruse the incredible artisans and vendors (and try not to spend your life savings!)
-Watch a craft demonstration (waxworks, glass blowing, coin minting, etc...)
-Find a quiet moment to sit and breathe in Sterling. It's a magical place!

It's a lot to fit into a day, I know. I had trouble narrowing it down to just these few things to be honest! I'm sure you'll have a great time.  ;)

MMario

Not to mention doing Archery, Pyllow fyghts, and Rat Splat!

Lady Amy of York

Welcome  to Sterling. I  will  be there  for Highland  weekend.  Like  everyone  else  has said  Sterling is a magical place  full of  fun and  aventure.    Sit back, enjoy yourself , have  fun, and let  the  magic  surround  you.
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Khaalis

Quote from: MMario on July 09, 2009, 12:59:23 PM
Not to mention doing Archery, Pyllow fyghts, and Rat Splat!

Advertise much!?  ;)    lol j/k

Hope its going well this year since crowds have been bit low. :(
Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat

MMario

Juast doing my bit to help the venders (the three games have three different owners - so it really an effort to help everyone!)

Beside - the games are fun and inexpensive!

It's a festival day!  Indulge yourself!  (and if you can't - indulge someone else!)

Khaalis

Welcome to Sterling Carl and Donna! I am sure you will have a wonderful time. Aug 1st will be Highland Fling, one of my favorites.

Also...
It's so much more Fun to indulge someone else! ;)

As for supporting the vendors, I completely agree. Without them, we won't have a faire. I 'unofficially' hawk for a few vendors by sending business their way and wearing/extolling their goods.

Rogue, Merc and certified RenRat

Carl

What a great Faire.We had a blast on Saturday.We saw several shows including Daniel Duke of Danger ,Wolgemut,Crannog and Rouges Revels.Got there at opening gate and stayed til pubsing.We could have stayed all day at the Falstaff pub watching the shows! The pubsing was the best we have seen.You are lucky to have such a talented cast. We spent the first part of the day just wandering the grounds and checking out the vendors. So we did not have time to see all the shows we wanted to(only had one day) Ahh well this gives us a reason to come back next year!
Castleteer
Bretheren of the Great Lakes
Outlander
FOKTOP
True heirto the Duchy of Savoy
Rivet'n Penny