News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

any ideas for last minute hotels or motels to be found?

Started by dawizzard56, July 09, 2009, 06:06:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dawizzard56

Greetings all. Was checking to see if anybody may know of a reasonable place to stay for a night? We will not be getting to the area till Sat. evening to enjoy the Faire all day Sun. and will be heading on rt. 90 west and can't remember the exit. But have the directions written down and in the car. Hoping that somebody can name a maybe not booked full place. Many thanks. Godke

mehan

Some will call it the  "roach motel" but the hojos at the exit to the faire a has done us well. 
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Geneva
1715 Route 534
I-90 at Exit 218 and Route 534
Geneva, OH 44041 US

WE used to stay at the comfort inn up an exit, but for the extra  $$ after the first year, it wasn't any better than the hojo.    Added bonus, park the car and walk to the chop house for the meet and greet.   If that is too low rent for you, then there is both the comfort in and a hampton Inn at the next exit.   Last I checked, none of the three were sold out, but everyone was requiring a 2 nite gtd.

sealion

I'm not familiar with the area but just wanted to say that I usually do well finding hotels using kayak.com
Cindy/Ciana Leonardi di Firenze/Captain Cin

mumsies

If you aren't concerned with fancy amenities, just clean rooms and friendly service...the hubby and I have stayed the past two years at the Lake Erie Motel right along the strip/boardwalk at Geneva on the Lake. Not far from fairegrounds...and, walking distance from plenty of places to hang out after the faire. It's a work in progress-the couple bought it a few years ago and they are fixing it up as they go. Reminds me of what that area must have been like in the old days-when Geneva was the "summer place to be". They do have coffee maker and toaster in the rooms...but like I said..it's nothing fancy. That's where we will be staying on our trips out for the season. Donna and Dave, the owners, are real nice folks....tell them Bonnie sent you.
Lake Erie Motel 440-466-1527

Celtic_Fae

Quote from: mehan on July 09, 2009, 08:32:53 PM
Some will call it the  "roach motel" but the hojos at the exit to the faire a has done us well. 
Howard Johnson Express Inn - Geneva
1715 Route 534
I-90 at Exit 218 and Route 534
Geneva, OH 44041 US

WE used to stay at the comfort inn up an exit, but for the extra  $$ after the first year, it wasn't any better than the hojo.    Added bonus, park the car and walk to the chop house for the meet and greet.   If that is too low rent for you, then there is both the comfort in and a hampton Inn at the next exit.   Last I checked, none of the three were sold out, but everyone was requiring a 2 nite gtd.

My mom and I plus the band we were with stayed here for some of the 2007 run. Not too bad for a weekend stay.

dawizzard56

Greetings all. Many thanks for the information. Hopefully next visit can be planned with a kind of headstart on things. Will be heading out the door soon and hope to meet some new friends tomorrow, Sunday. Godke