News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Smoke Free

Started by Gauwyn of Bracknell, July 13, 2009, 03:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Just a curious question - is this festival smoke free?  We are not really smokers, but at Scarby found some very fine pipe tobacco and enjoyed it with our drinks (it is Texas and I think smoking is actually required :))

Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Blushing

There are designated smoking areas, and there is also a shop that sells cigars and pipe tobacco.

There are "No Smoking" signs in all the shops, of course.
~All human activity lies within the artist's scope~

Zoë

Most people don't realize that there are designated areas so they'll smoke anywhere out in the open air.  It kind of sucks when they come up to order a drink and still have a lit cigarette in hand.  (Or is it blows?)
Capitaine Zoë D'Arcachon
Elizabeth Covington
Fritzie the Fairy

Gauwyn of Bracknell

I'm not a fan of cigarettes (my wife smokes one every now and then), but pipe tobacco is not bad - has a decent aroma and is usually not too offensive  :).  We try to be considerate - thanks for the info.
Born 500 years late

Gauwyn of Bracknell

Radu the Gypsy

Personally, I'll take pipe smoke over cigarettes, and cigarettes over cigars any day.  I'm an ex-smoker myself and will never understand the attraction of cigars.