News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Latest Attack 05/05/2008

Started by John, May 05, 2008, 11:20:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Looks like we're back on the life raft.
Sorry friends.

John

CountessofPhoenix

So sorry that someone thinks it's amusing to pick on a bunch of people that just enjoy having others to discuss their common interests. Surely there are more important sites than this one to harass people on. Like the democrats and the republicans!
Countess of Phoenix
Descendant of Celtic Nobility
Designer Extraordinaire
We are only limited by what we can dream

Capt. Bacardi

BLOODY HELL!!!!
..It is only a flesh wound..
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

renfairephotog

ACK ACK Is there any reason that my browser tries to download an asp page when the RF is down?
Twenty seasons of covering renaissance  festivals. Photos/calendar/blog.
Fairy photographer

SirBlackFox

Why don't those hacking people go hack al queda instead?  Let's bring back privateering and let the hackers reap whatever they want from our enemies. . . that'll keep 'em busy.  (that's actually the idea of the last chapter of my American Privateering book that I'm writing for St. Martin's Press)
Publisher, Faire Magazine, The Concordium, & The Pyrates Way
Founder, FriendsofMDRF

Black'n McCrack

anne of oaktower

Blasted hackers!!!  If I knew who was doing this.... >:(

Whatever happened, it screwed up my clock and my volume control on my computer.  Took me a while to get it all figured out again.  Weird!

What's the best free anti-virus/spyware available?
aka: Oak-hearted Annie / Anne of Oak Barrel / Barefoot Annie

"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

DeadBishop

Quote from: CountessofPhoenix on May 05, 2008, 11:28:46 PM
So sorry that someone thinks it's amusing to pick on a bunch of people that just enjoy having others to discuss their common interests. Surely there are more important sites than this one to harass people on. Like the democrats and the republicans!

Fortunately, we're not being singled out, so it's not like it's a personal grudge against festival lovers.  The unfortunate thing is that this is happening to several thousand other websites.

R/F.com member since 2003

DeadBishop

Quote from: renfairephotog on May 05, 2008, 11:36:35 PM
ACK ACK Is there any reason that my browser tries to download an asp page when the RF is down?

Same thing happened to me.  Must be some issue where Safari is interpreting the page reload incorrectly and causes this issue.

R/F.com member since 2003

dbaldock

Hello John,

If the widespread Forum hacking is specific to being hosted on Microsoft software, how about migrating the RenaissanceFestival.com Forums and Databases onto Linux/UNIX host OS and Forum software?

NOTE: I am biased towards Linux, and don't use Microsoft unless I have to.  ;)

Take Care,
David Baldock
Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people... -anonymous

Athena

Hacked again!!!!  >:(

This is getting old......
A book is like a garden carried in the pocket. ~ Chinese Proverb

Var Greyshadow

This is really getting serious, isn't it?  What a strange place this is - but at least it's inhabited by lots of familiar faces.  Thanks to everyone involved with providing us a home away from home.

(Now if I can just figure out how to get a nice avatar on my profile...)
"All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost..." ~J.R.R. Tolkien "The Fellowship of the Ring"

Queen Bonnie

OH No! Not again!
Glad we have this life raft!  This is getting old!  Hugs to all!
Bonnie, QOE
Wingardium Leviosa!
Tis not the length of the staff- but the magick there in!

Lady Nicolette

Hi Everyone:

Hopefully this infernal hacking will stop soon.   >:(  Perhaps whoever is doing it  needs a lethal dose of cough syrup.  

From here on out, I will cross post everything about the RenDevous in here as well...I will soon have the schedule of events prepared...I suggest that once the site gets back up, everyone going to the RenDevous should immediately print up area directions so that you at least have that at the ready no matter what.
"Into every rain a little life must fall." ~ Tom Rapp~Pearls Before Swine

Trillium

Well, well, well...this is where you're all hiding!!
Got faerie dust?

CapnFayeCutler

What an...odd..surprise when I first wake up.  ;D
Slack'n Penny -  Chieftess, Clan Byrne of the IPB
IFRP# 1264 IWG #3575
RoOL 26 | Castleteer | ETTE