News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need some good thoughts

Started by WindChime, July 12, 2009, 11:48:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordwriothsley

I'm glad to hear that everything well with your surgery WindChime. The main thing to remember now is to take care of yourself and not overdo it.

Hugs and love to you as always my dear.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

WindChime

Went to the Dr on Sept. 21 for my post-op check up.
They are sending me for aquatic therapy to see if that will help me since as of now I am still not showing signs of improvement. I found out my surgery scar is 2 & 1/2 " long. They said the Dr had to take a large piece out to fix the pressure on my nerves. They also said that I have Sciatica. Then she said it would take anywhere between 3 and 6 months to start feeling better.
Chime'n Penny / Cheiftess Clan O'Maille
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF
Keeper of All Bells & Chimes
RESCU Rally Captain ORF &  KyRF

Genievea Brookstone

Lots of healing thoughts and positive energy for you darlin. I know how painful sciatica can be I am feeling for you.
Genievea Brookstone
Lost child of the Woods

lordwriothsley

WindChime I am so sorry to hear about the Sciatica my dear. Continue to hang in there and know that you are still in my thoughts and prayers as always lass.

Hugs and lots to love to you still lass.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

WindChime

went to the Dr on December 1 and because I am still having a lot of pain and sever issues with my legs I have to get a MRI on Friday then I don't get any news until January when I can get back into the office for the results and to find out what they plan on doing next. which means I still can not go back to work since I can't stand or walk for more then 10 minutes.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

lordwriothsley

My dear WindChime you still remain in my thoughts and prayers as usual.

God Bless you and Happy Holidays to you as well lass.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

Betty Munro

Prayers for your endurance through the healing process.  3 - 6 months sounds like a really long time, but if you can be pain free in 6 months, that is much better than in pain forever! 
I hope you can take it easy for that long.

WindChime

Well I basically got dumped by my Dr. today.  He told me that I have a lot of degenerative disc disease and that I would need to get a double fusion then turned around and said that in his opinion my best choice is to go back to the Dr. that sent me to him and go with the plan of pain management instead. What a crock of crap. The whole reason for me to see this guy was because the first Dr. was out of options to help with the pain. Now I'm looking for a new Sipnal Dr. for a second opinion. They also claim that since my disc is no longer herniated that I could go back to work even though I can not even stand longer then 10 minutes before my legs start to go numb. My employer said I couldn't come back unless I can stand for a minimum of 4 hours. I am so frustrated now I don't know what to do.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

lordwriothsley

My dear that is truly the last thing that you need to be dealing with right now. I am so sorry to hear of all this. You are however still in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs and love and God Bless you as always.
Irish Penny Brigade
IBRSC# 1584
Part Time Noble
Full Time Rogue
Overall Ren Geek
Man of many names
"Did I say that"

lady serena

WindChime, sorry to hear this news, you are still in my thoughts and prayers. Just to let you know, it is basically what I was told also, the only thing I can tell you is try another spinal doctor and ask about pain management as there are some options out there. I fully understand it is a pain in the butt literally, and if you are like me you feel let down, don't let it get to you as you are as strong as anyone I know. This is the basics of what the doctor told me, I have 5 options, 1. fusion surgery from L2-S1, basically from my natural waist to my tail bone 2. nerve stimulator inserted next to the spine, 3. pain medication pump inserted near the spine, 4. Oral medication, 5. live with the pain. I have chosen to do the oral meds and try and get my Social Security Disability as I will never be able to return to my job and my spine is getting worse as time goes on.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

WindChime

Thanks for all your well wishes everyone. I am in the process of getting a appointment with my mom's old back Dr.
  Lady Serena, I am already working with a lawyer for my Social Security Disability. I did my appeal in November and haven't heard anything back yet. The first time I applied it only took them about a month and a half to tell me yes you are disabled But you can still use your arms and legs. I guess they skipped over the whole part about my 5 ankle surgeries and that I am already on restriction at work for that. I have been off work for 7 months now and am slowly turning into a hermit. I am already on 4 different meds to try to help with the pain and have not seen any changes as of yet with the pain. The only thing that really bugs me about my Dr who dumped me is that in the few minutes he was in the office with me he must have mentioned how bad the disc disease was for someone my age as I am only 34 but he didn't want to help any more. My mom and I both got the impression from him that he did my surgery and he is the top neurologist for that hospital so I should be cured.
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

lady serena

I'm fighting with Social Security myself (second denial). I'm sorry you are having such a bad time of things, my Doc is suppose to be the best in the state of MN and I got the same attitude from him. I had 2 previous surgeries from the "God" of back surgery as they called him, and my new doctor the one who is giving me the attitude seems not to care about my function in life. I wish I could help you make things better, so I wish you the best and if you need an ear give me a PM.
Guppy # 81
Fins up

Lady Amy of York

Windchime, Lady Serena... I hope I  can meet  you ladies in person  some  day.  We  could  buy each other a drink and  share  our tales of  doctors.  Hugs  to  you both .

Windchime you are in my prayers  and  thoughts.  I know  where you are coming from.  Don't give  up !  Keep  the faith  and  know  that  you have  friends  here supporting  you. :)
Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

WindChime

Yeah ;D
  After a month of playing phone tag with my short/long term disability company from work and no payments since Dec.15 I finally got the word that they are gonna approve my long term so I can start paying my bills. Of course I would be even happier if I would hear some thing from Social Security but I'll take a win were I can find one.
   After going to the pain management Dr. she put me on a new pill and took me off of one of the old ones. I go to the new spine Dr. Feb 9Th so hopefully I will get a better answer then basically "your fat and need to lose weight, If you would have gastric bypass surgery you wouldn't hurt so much because you wouldn't be so fat. I did the surgery and you should be cured of all that is wrong" Mind you he never said it to my face but I got a copy of my file from him and at every visit he would put in my report a comment about my weight like "obese or morbidly obese". The only time this jerk even mentioned my weight was my first visit with him. The man even had the nerve to put in my last report that it was hard to read my MRI with contrast because of my morbidly obese body. WTF!
Irish Penny Brigade
Guppy #90
Castleteer
IWG #3740 Local #57
Lost Viking
FOKTOP
Booth Owner @ KyRF & ORF

lady serena

I feel your pain on the comments of the doctors calling us fat, yes Im over weight and yes I have tried to loose the weight. What else do you want me to do? Is what I feel like........ I will be praying for you, and hope things will turn around soon for you. Lady Amy of York and WindCime, I would like to meet you ladies sometime also and have a drink or two and share some of our stories. Serena
Guppy # 81
Fins up