News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

Need help with clothign for my wedding

Started by SirMike, April 16, 2009, 12:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirMike

Hi all. I am getting married this October and need to find a place to rent Ren shirts and vest if possible. I live in the Hamilton area. I will be mixing the shirt and vest with a more modern look. Bring a Ren feel to my wedding without going all out. Any suggestions on where I could rent 5 shirts and vest for me and the weddign party? If not a close place to buy the garb would be great too. I would like to support local merchants with this economy and don't want any headaches if there is a screw up with something that arrives from the states or such.

Many thanks,
Sir Mike

robert of armstrong

Look up Celtic or Scottish stores in your area - I have found many a "Ren" shirt at Scottish stores in Barrie and Toronto.

There used to be an awesome store in Stratford called My Lords and Ladies, but I can't get the website to come up.

Mine was a Medieval Wedding.  My Dad rented his shirt and kilt from Cairngorm Scottish Imports, 1825 Avenue Road, Toronto, Ontario (south of the 401 on the east side).  Check out the website http://www.kiltscanada.com/index.html and look under "New and Different".  There are all sorts of things there that lean towards the time period that you are referring to, shirts and leather vests, kilts if you should wish, etc.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

robert of armstrong

Okay, so I did some looking around.  My wife and I had a Medieval Themed wedding.  This is the shirt/vest combo I wore to get married:

This is me with my wedding party:

My party were all wearing oatmeal coloured renshirts, two of wich I already had from Faires, the other two I bought at the Scottish store in Barrie www.burnetts-struth.com/.  The vests are from a company called Excalibor out of Montreal, which I don't think exists anymore, which really sucks.
Always on the lookout for my next noble cause.

And because a flail don't need reloading, that's why.

SirMike

thanks for your help. It is greatly appreciated

Aelwyn

I know a seamstress who would be willing to make shirts and vests for you.  She is in the Hamilton area.  Check out http://www.mackellarshaven.com, or look up Mav Haughie on Facebook.  :)

As for renting around Hamilton, I've never seen a place.  Maybe Scottish Imports, but at their rates you might as well have custom made ones.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*
Find me on Facebook as Aelwyn Daeira
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

SirMike

The link doesn't seem to work but I did send an invite on Facebook. Where in Hamilton is she based out of? I am up by Mohawk College.