News:

Welcome to the Renaissancefestival.com Forums!  Please post an introduction after signing up!

For an updated map of Ren Fests check out The Ren List at http://www.therenlist.com!

The Chat server is now running again, just select chat on the menu!

Main Menu

pictures of horse caparisons, what are you wearing?

Started by ladyharrogate, July 13, 2009, 11:14:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladyharrogate

Didn't know about posting these in here vs. sewing but seeing as jousters are the ones who truly appreciate horse clothing and sets of colors.  Just finished this stuff and would love to know what you guys think.  Now I want to make clothes for my horses although they truly have no place to wear them.  Oh and if you guys have cool pics of horse clothes post them!  It's great to see what different riders are wearing.

ladyharrogate

Sir William Marcus

Quote from: ladyharrogate on July 13, 2009, 11:14:16 AM
Didn't know about posting these in here vs. sewing but seeing as jousters are the ones who truly appreciate horse clothing and sets of colors.  Just finished this stuff and would love to know what you guys think.  Now I want to make clothes for my horses although they truly have no place to wear them.  Oh and if you guys have cool pics of horse clothes post them!  It's great to see what different riders are wearing.

All beautifully done.  I'm particularly fond of the one above as it appears one is honoring the Knights of Malta.

One must also share images of the phoenix (?) caparison when it is draped over its preferred steed.
VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

ladyharrogate

Thanks Sir William, that's Jefferson Pike, he jousts with Noble Cause and works with the H-lats and he heads up the east coast Knights of the Guild program (teaches kids about chivalry through the codes of the knights).  Got a note this afternoon that he used the headpiece this weekend and is going to try to get me some pics with that on.  I'm a sucker for a well dressed horse LOL.  Nothing so stunning as watching a horse gallop out in full dress onto the field bearing an armored knight, flags flying in the wind. 

Sir William Marcus

Quote from: ladyharrogate on July 13, 2009, 06:15:50 PM
Thanks Sir William, that's Jefferson Pike, he jousts with Noble Cause and works with the H-lats and he heads up the east coast Knights of the Guild program (teaches kids about chivalry through the codes of the knights). 

A most honorable man indeed.

Quote from: ladyharrogate on July 13, 2009, 06:15:50 PM
  Nothing so stunning as watching a horse gallop out in full dress onto the field bearing an armored knight, flags flying in the wind. 

I must agree as it a sight to behold!

VENI, VIDI, VELCRO! Spelling and grammatical errors are beyond my control, it's the way I'm wired.

Gwen

Jeffrey Hedgecock at the Royal Armouries Joust, Leeds, England, September 1, 2009

Sir William Marcus

Stunning! What an impressive kit. Even take note of Jeff's footwear.

Gwen

Jeffrey will be competing at the Tournament of the Phoenix in Poway Ca on October 23,24,24, 2009.  Other competitors in this international tournament include:

Jeffrey's team mates in the Order of the Crescent:

Dominic Sewell, England

Tobias Capwell, England

Captain of the Order of the Star, Luke Binks

Luke's teammates in the Order of the Star-

Graham Nixon, New Zealand

Petter Ellingsen, Norway

Manwariel

ladyharrogate

stunning Gwen!  I really want to go to the National Armoury in England.  I'd acually like to make a trip to Europe to specifically study horse trappings and garb.  With my spare change of course!

Sir Samuel

I must say after seeing all these photos, I feel the desire to purchase a horse and begin riding again.
Knight Templar
Knight of Malta
Knight of the Order of St. John
Castleteer
In God I (WE) Trust
Prince of the True Name
Defender of all Widows, Orphans and Damsels in Distress

Lady Amy of York

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Gwen

The Order of the Crescent enter the tiltyard at the Tournament of the Phoenix 2009  (October 23-25)

Lady Amy of York

This may beome  my favorite  new  thread.  I love horses. To me  they are one of  the most gorgeous  and  beautiful  creatures  on earth. I  love   taking  pictures of horses  and  to have  them displayed here in all their  finery  is a pleasure to see.  And  to have  the horses paired with some  fine looking knights dressed very handsomely in their  finest armor  is  an added bonus.

As i have mentioned earlier all the pictures  are gorgeous.  I especially  like  the  first  two photo's  in the beggining.  The  color  combinations  are very striking.  The  rider's  red hair,  the  green and  gold  colors, and  the rich black  color of  the horse.
Reminded me of  a celtic  warrior  goddess.

Also the last photo that Gwen posted . Very nice.
  Thanks  again  for  sharing  these  wonderful  pictures. :)

Lady Amy of York/CaptainAmy of FeistyLady pirateship
Cheiftess Feisty of Clan O' Doinn
HF:Sterling

Lady L

These are beautiful, impressive and stunning!

Lady Harrogate, I was looking for patterns/directions to make caparisons, found a few, but not this impressive. Do you design your own?

What about the crests, mantles, etc. on the helmets, how are they made? How do they attach to the helmets? I have been looking for info on that, also, as I want to make something similar for 2010. I already bought a griffin for the crest.

Thank you.  :)
Former Shop Owner at MNRF